Didn't know this was a THING? 8,400 cals a week

Options
2»

Replies

• catsbfit
    catsbfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Can i bank exercise calories? So at the end of the week i can enjoy a high calorific meal?
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    catzzm9768 wrote: »
    Can i bank exercise calories? So at the end of the week i can enjoy a high calorific meal?

I do that :)
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

Yes. That's really the same question; the total is the total on both sides of the ledger.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

Yes. But we still need to establish whether you've set your calories at an appropriate level to start with. Sedentary for daily activity outside of exercise isn't always the right choice, even with an office job. It depends how much you are moving about during the day. Do you feel that you get less than 5000 steps a day outside of deliberate exercise (if you don't have a fitness tracker, you can use a step app on your phone to get an idea of this)? If you're above that, 'lightly active' would be a more appropriate setting.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Options
    Ive been ok on 1200 cals a few hunger pain here and there but they dont bother me as the hunger usually goes away in till its time for my dinner think my body is getting used to it now since ive been doing it for a week and a half on plan aswell which is a massive thing for me as before i cdnt resist some foods.

The main issue is not hunger. The main issue is health risk.

This is a good read:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Why the majority of women DON’T need a 1200 calorie diet to lose weight (and why it only causes problems): https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/1200-calorie-diet/
  • ShayCarver89
    ShayCarver89 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I had no idea that this is a thing but I'm very intrigued by it!!