Body-weight strength training in limited areas

Options
13»

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    You don't need a bar for pull ups, you can use an eyebolt as an anchor and bands for resistance - plus you can increase resistance by moving further from the anchor without having to increase the band weight.

Resistance bands are pretty cheap and can be used for a variety of exercises, plus you can increase resistance by adding loops or changing the size of the loop so that you aren't constantly having to buy more/heavier stuff particularly in the beginning when strength gains can be significant.
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    You don't need a bar for pull ups, you can use an eyebolt as an anchor and bands for resistance - plus you can increase resistance by moving further from the anchor without having to increase the band weight.

Resistance bands are pretty cheap and can be used for a variety of exercises, plus you can increase resistance by adding loops or changing the size of the loop so that you aren't constantly having to buy more/heavier stuff particularly in the beginning when strength gains can be significant.

I do have a set of bands. I'm not sure I'm understanding you though. If the idea of a pull up is to pull my bodyweight upward, how do resistance bands accomplish this? I know it's using similar muscles but not in the same way.