New Zealand has Halo Top!

Options
I've been seeing people on here talk about Halo Top ice-cream for years and even though I'm not a huge ice-cream fan I've always been a bit envious.

Well! Today I went to the supermarket and there it was! A tub of amazing sounding cookie dough ice-cream for 320 delicious points! At $12 for less than 500 grams I haven't actually bought any yet, but I am going to!

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I was excited when it came to Canada, but found Breyers delights is better tasting and has less calories. But yeah, not cheap so I only pick it up on sale. Both are $8 Cdn a tub but I will pick them up at around the $6 mark.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Its ok, but not worth that price tag. Honestly I just go with Edy's slow churned if I'm looking for low cal. Tastes better too.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I just gave away some Enlightened and the Shaw's version of Halo Top to my neighbor. It was worth a try, but I really don't care for the taste.
  • Dendenium2018
    Dendenium2018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough or vanilla aren't the best, but mint choc chip or salted caramel do real stuff justice. Same for Breyers, but I'm lucky both brands sit next to each other at the nearest supermarket and get to. Pick the one on offer. 09kcjahy5hpv.jpeg
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Got Halo Top pumpkin pie and really didn't care for it. The Enlightened pumpkin spice latte was better and creamier imo. Not worth $12 for either of them though.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Omg I LOVE halo top! Not a fan of Breyers, I find it too artificial tasting. In the UK we also have a brand called Oppo which is the best one. I am obsessed with ice cream though so will eat whatever is there. If you like ice cream you will probably like Halo Top.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Yeah, came in maybe a month or so ago. So not worth the price tag (haven't tried it, but at $12, no way). Zilch is similarly lower cal (slightly higher) and cheaper, but unfortunately doesn't have the range of flavours. It will be interesting to see if they come out with more to compete with Halo Top.

https://www.zilch.co.nz/

• helenback07
    helenback07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you've tried it yet but I did not like it at all. I was so excited for it to land here in NZ too but it tasted fake and wasn't really creamy at all. i'd rather just go a bit harder at the gym and have some Ben & Jerry's or Wooden Spoon :smile: :smile:
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I like Halo Top's mint chocolate chip icecream but their other flavors haven't impressed me at all. Overall I think Breyers does a better job getting close to a real icecream taste/texture.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Do you get Peter's in New Zealand as you do in Australia? They do a vanilla and salted caramel no added sugar which is both cheaper and nicer than Halo Top. Calories are about the same.
    tsh1mavs8u8h.jpg
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    A lot of flavors are hit and miss. But the salted caramel is really good and worth it. I also really like the peanut butter cup but it does have that artificial taste a bit. Chocolate is gross and icy. Cookie Dough, I'm not sure if I had a bad batch or what but mine tasted like rubbing alcohol. Birthday cake is pretty good, and so is the cinnamon roll one.

Disclaimer though, I only eat the dairy free ones. Eggs are a really big ingredient in Halo Top and I can't eat eggs. They mess up my stomach.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I prefer Enlightened to Halo Top, and I was actually able to find it at my dollar store.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I tried it, I thought it was meh. I prefer Zilch!
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    I love ice-cream!

Halo top has been helpful for me. I llike
    Candy bar 360, chocolate chip cookie dough 360, peanut butter cup 320 and just tried Lemon Cake 280.

Holy crap, the price there! How much is regular icecream? It’s $3.78 where I buy it.
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread again and read all your replies.
    I haven't tried it yet and based on the responses here I won't bother. Certainly not going to pay $12 for something yucky.
    Thanks for letting me know 😊