The most fascinating explanation of eat less move more that I have seen in a while.

Options
Lecture about the chemical breakdown of fat loss from the body. I had never thought of it as
C55 H104 78O2
>55CO2 52H2O
a chemical breakdown of what exactly fat is and what leaves our body when we move more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

I found this fascinating. I had never thought of the chemistry of my weight loss as in depth before.

Replies

• GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Really liked this. Suddenly I love science.
  • PHOTOCHAP
    PHOTOCHAP Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Loved watching that! Great post, thank you :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I watched half this morning and left the page open to come back when I had time. Now I want to hear about some of the finer mechanisms!
  • Spadhnik
    Spadhnik Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    unigirl143 wrote: »
    Lecture about the chemical breakdown of fat loss from the body. I had never thought of it as
    C55 H104 78O2
    >55CO2 52H2O
    a chemical breakdown of what exactly fat is and what leaves our body when we move more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

I found this fascinating. I had never thought of the chemistry of my weight loss as in depth before.

Thanks for sharing. I have seen his video as well. It’s very fascinating.

I do like science but in general This is what I took from the video - that I need to drink lot of water and move more (so my breathing gets slightly higher, more co2 out from body) 😆

I now keep these two screenshots from this video on my phone - to keep reminded of this!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    loving that! thanks for posting it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Bumping... more people need to see this!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I thought this was nominated for a sticky at some point. It's been floating around for a while. I do think it should be a must read/watch.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Finally got a chance to watch it. I always thought it was just energy that gets burned up - literally, like heat escaping our body. His presentation makes perfect sense.
  • danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness
  • noddy230983
    noddy230983 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I watched this a little while ago and found it fascinating. Weight literally goes off into thin air, why does it weigh so much when it on me!?!🤯
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I have always had a motto...

"if you ain't huffing and puffing and sweating, you ain't doing it right."

I guess it's always been true... :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Finally watched this and it blew my mind. Thanks @unigirl143 for a great post.