Fitness at home

Options
2»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    TRX comes with a door anchor. You don't need to install anything. It doesn't damage anything.
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started with a pair of small adjustable dumbbells - around 20/lb each - that allowed for adding more plates. A set similar to mine is $30 at Walmart online right now. I used just the weights that came with the set for awhile. As I started to outgrow the 20lbs I added a few small plates which I picked up used at Play It Again Sports. Extra plates are .60/lb used.

I used a free dumbbell program at Muscle and Strength and saw a lot of gains and body changes right away
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My faves youtube fitness channels are - Pahla Bowers (she's my absolute fave!), Jessica Smith TV, Hasfit, and Yoga with Adriene.
  • abq978
    abq978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Free videos on youtube that use body weight to kick your butt (very quickly). I like some of the Pop Sugar videos and Fitnessblender.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    TRX comes with a door anchor. You don't need to install anything. It doesn't damage anything.

DOH! I forget about that as there isn't a really convenient place for mine on a door I can close and have a useful space, so I use the pull up bar.

EDIT - Also, some of the exercises I get a lot of benefit out of are with the straps hanging straight down, though I could probably find others.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Popsugar channel on YouTube. If you want to build strength, get fitness bands like these and follow a fitness band workout:

Black Mountain Products Resistance Band Set with Door Anchor, Ankle Strap, Exercise Chart, and Carrying Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/7245456313/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_joh0BbFZQHR9P