Seriously lol

hawaiibound
hawaiibound Posts: 158
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok so my hubby and I are really working out hard and doing our best to eat clean...with the exception of a piece of cake today haha...so with my excersize i have 1068 left and its 10:30 at night hahaha....now what...please help!

Replies

• nikki91950
    nikki91950 Posts: 647
    1068 even after cake? wow. um... i honestly have no idea. lol. peanut butter sandwich! get in some protein!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I was just on the phone telling my sister the same think - I have 1061 left and it is almost 10pm here. Gonna have a skinny Cow for dessert and call it a day!
  • jess42
    jess42 Posts: 11 Member
    Don't eat a bunch at night to "catch up".... just try to do better in general, cause if you're always low, it's just not good for you. If you know you're going to do crazy exercise, have a big scramble for breakfast!
  • I have 1001 left and thats after a snack tonight of popcorn...funny thing is, you can look at my diary and see that i ate today....was full a majority of the day....i know we are supposed to eat our calories but sometimes its just not possible...id say, if you need a snack, do something light, like yogurt, skinny cow etc....just dont eat anything heavy like a full meal
  • I treat mine like a bank account and look at a running 7 day average. Unless I have an extravagant day, it just gets saved. But I am only talking about 200-400 remaining per day.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    What in the world are you guys doing/eating (or not) that you have that many cals leftover? I wish I had that many cals at the end of a day!
  • hawaiibound
    What in the world are you guys doing/eating (or not) that you have that many cals leftover? I wish I had that many cals at the end of a day!

feel free to look at my diary :)
  • anij67
    anij67 Posts: 21
    Yeah really! I always go over my calories!!
  • Photoplex
    Photoplex Posts: 49 Member
    Ok so my hubby and I are really working out hard and doing our best to eat clean...with the exception of a piece of cake today haha...so with my excersize i have 1068 left and its 10:30 at night hahaha....now what...please help!

What on earth exercise are you doing to burn 1206 cals in a day?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member

Wow! That's not much food:ohwell: Perhaps it would help if you pre-plan your meals out so you had more than 1 egg with toast for breakfast, even with the 500 cal cake for lunch, veggies or somthing healthy along with for you body? Do you plan your workouts? Or just decide you're going to run do one?

A healthier way for you so you don't have over half your cals left at 12am is building your day around your pre-planned workout. You may not know exactly how many cals burned but you'll have some idea if you're doing relatively the same type each day or every other that could be a guide.

Just tossin out some ideas,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I didn't want to say anything, but I'd be starving if all I had for lunch was a piece of cake-- even if it was a giant one. Hook me up with a reuben sandwich, an apple, and a great big mug of ice water!

And yes, how in the world are you burning 1000 cals per workout? I can do that in a day (500 in the morning, rest, 500 at night), but... Holy Hannah, Batman! I eat at least 500 of those hard earned cals.

Not trying to chew out or anything, just kind of in awe that y'all have so many extra cals.
  • hawaiibound

Wow! That's not much food:ohwell: Perhaps it would help if you pre-plan your meals out so you had more than 1 egg with toast for breakfast, even with the 500 cal cake for lunch, veggies or somthing healthy along with for you body? Do you plan your workouts? Or just decide you're going to run do one?

i'm not a big breakfast person...i ate 2 eggs with toast this morning...and gave into my addiction of chocolate today with a piece of birthday cake...after adding my daily cleaning, playing on the wii with my son, and then walking the mall, and doing 30day shred tonite after my kids went to bed thats how man y cals i burned...i'm really enjoying my workouts...although they are killing my legs and butt lol...i will take any adivce on what to add during the day to add some cals please :)

A healthier way for you so you don't have over half your cals left at 12am is building your day around your pre-planned workout. You may not know exactly how many cals burned but you'll have some idea if you're doing relatively the same type each day or every other that could be a guide.

Just tossin out some ideas,
    Becca:flowerforyou:
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    If you plan to work out that much in the future, I would try adding cheese and veggies to my eggs in the morning. Have a salad or a cup of fruit with your chicken sandwich. Have some sort of protein before the cake to help keep your blood sugar in check. And btw, your cake says all the calories come from the fat :P no sugar or carbs, not that it matters on your calorie intake, just noticed. Make a smoothie in between workouts, to keep your body going too. Personally, I don't add cleaning to my diary cause I have to do it everyday. If your chores burn that many calories, I might suggest upping your activity level on the site and not adding in the diary, you'll still have more calories to eat, but maybe not as many.
    I agree with HealthyChanges, plan your meals around the workouts you are gonna do that day. Wow, that's alot of calories burned ~ good job on that :)
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    I would try to eat more throughout the day when you know you are going to be getting in a really good workout!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member

If you're not hungry, don't eat them, simple as that and no, you won't go into sudden starvation mode :smile:
  • mooz
    mooz Posts: 101
    I'm new here but wanted to add my 2cents. I sometimes have calories left over at the end of the day. Until I joined here I never heard of eating back calories so daily I'd have over 1000 calories left over. The one thing I'm trying really hard to not do is eat when I'm not hungry. Mindless and constant eating is what got me here in the first place. At the end of the day if I'm not hungry, I don't eat. If I am hungry, I'll eat.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    hmm... what does eating clean really mean? I guess I don't know. I was concerned about the lack of fruits and veggies (thats why I am asking about the eating clean). You really didn't eat that much food. Simply, not enough. add some fruits, veggies, hummus, peanut butter.... or a protien shake or smoothie after your workout to help you build muscle.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    You need more fruit and vegetables.

Something wrong with that Chocolate cake?
    510 calories, 0 carbs 0 sugar 0 protein? 28 grams fat?

You need more protein.
    Have some egg whites with your egg in the morning?
    Chicken on your sandwich
    Eat some hummus, cottage cheese, protein smoothie?
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member

Out of interest, what exercise is it you are doing?
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    You need more fruit and vegetables.

Something wrong with that Chocolate cake?
    510 calories, 0 carbs 0 sugar 0 protein? 28 grams fat?

You need more protein.
    Have some egg whites with your egg in the morning?
    Chicken on your sandwich
    Eat some hummus, cottage cheese, protein smoothie?

lol, I didn't know they made crisco cake! 28 g of fat and no other nutrients? Ha!
This discussion has been closed.