Anyone American born in another country... and willing to answer random questions to help a student?

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited October 2018 in Chit-Chat
I am a college student and a mom to three kids, two who have autism. I am struggling to find an interview for my Anthropology class and this is as creative as I've gotten to find someone lol...
I need 2 or more people who live in America but were born in another country or who's parents were and had a very traditional upbringing to answer a bunch of questions about their culture.

The trick is at least two people need to be from the same country but she'd prefer they be either different ages or genders… I know this has nothing to do with MFP so it's in chit chat because I am that desperate... lol. So we can treat it like a normal survey if that makes me seem less weird. lol.

If anyone would be willing to help me with this, review the questions below and PM me the answers or post them online because I’m really in need. If we can talk further through PM in case I need clarification, that would be ideal. 

Also, yes, this is super weird but gotta do whatcha gotta do right lol

Questions are as follows:

1. Is marriage based more on love, financial stability, family obligation or something else entirely?

2. What are the common views on having children before marriage?

3. Are adoption and abortion traditionally considered options?

4. Does your culture have celebrations for life events, like baby showers, weddings, birthdays or others?

5. What are the most common languages? Do writing or body language come into play during day-to-day communication?

6. Are there certain gender roles or expectations based on age (such as responsibilities of children during childhood or to the elderly)?

7. Does your culture have traditional religious or spiritual beliefs?

8. What are your views on after-life or lack-thereof and what usually happens after the death of a loved one?

9. What are some of the main festivals and holidays specific to your culture, country or religion?

10. Does your culture have certain ethical beliefs in regards to hospitality towards guests in your home?

11. What type of food would be served at a typical dinner and how does it compare to food served during special occasions?

12. Are any activities considered strictly taboo or inappropriate (such as tattoos, piercings, certain foods, homosexuality, etc.)?

13. Are music, dance and the arts important in your origin country? What are some typical examples?

14. Does your origin country have any sports that stand out as more important or popular than others?

15. What can you tell me about the current political and economic situation in your origin country? Do you see a positive or negative future?

16. What made it difficult or easy to adjust to life in America?
17. What are some of the most important values you have learned from your culture and would like to instill on the next generation?

Thanks to anyone who responds or PMs me about this :) Im a hermit because of my kids and don't know many people, so I am out of ideas.

P.S. I didn't see anything in the rules to make this against them, so if I missed anything, sorry!