Does Breast Size go down with Weight loss?

Options
LyfeCh4ng3z
LyfeCh4ng3z Posts: 12 Member
I went to an insane breast size, as a result of a Prolactin Adnema (or prolactin benign tumor of the Pituitary Gland.) As a result I also gained a lot of weight. Since Sept 25th I have lost 20.6 lbs. My bra is getting much loser around the mid section. It begs the question, now that the tumor is dead, will my breasts shrink as I continue to shed the pounds. By the way I have another 191.4 pounds to shed. If not I may have to get a breast reduction surgery because a skinny me will not be able to support them. I barely can as is.

Replies

• lililomo2
    lililomo2 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    oooooooh yes. originally i was 38DD and am 36C after losing twenty pounds.
    i've had friends who've had breast reductions before they lost the rest of their weight.
    i guess each to their own, but from what they told me - they all wish they'd have had the reduction done once all the weight was lost once and for all. if you still have weight to lose you may want to see how you feel as time goes on.

good luck with your health and your journey!~
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I’m assuming the tumor caused actual breast tissue growth, not just an increase in size due to weight gain? If so, you’re unlikely to lose it. But if it an overall increase in body fat that caused the increase in size, it should largely come off.
  • LyfeCh4ng3z
    Options
    lililomo2 wrote: »
    i've had friends who've had breast reductions before they lost the rest of their weight.
    i guess each to their own, but from what they told me - they all wish they'd have had the reduction done once all the weight was lost once and for all. if you still have weight to lose you may want to see how you feel as time goes on.

Thank God I am a EE at the moment my goal weight is between 120-140 I do not think my body would support me being that top heavy at that weight. I appreciate the feedback, thank you for sharing and for the postive advice.
  • LyfeCh4ng3z
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I’m assuming the tumor caused actual breast tissue growth, not just an increase in size due to weight gain? If so, you’re unlikely to lose it. But if it an overall increase in body fat that caused the increase in size, it should largely come off.
    The prolactin levels were exceedingly dangerous and I was born with the tumor. My oncologist thinks as I got older it produced more prolactin the normal amount even if pregnant is 11-21 mine was 726. Most of the breast appears to be fatty tissue. So I am hoping as my weight decreases so will the volume. I dont care so much about appearance as I am concerned about balance and future back trouble. the rest of my weight is around my hips which is rapidly shrinking thanks to my elyptical training.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Mine decreased in size, but not enough to get anywhere near average. My surgeon and insurance company required a certain BMI before performing surgery. I lost 60 lbs before I went through with it. Best decision. I have no regrets. I've gained some of that weight back and they aren't quite the same level of feel and perkiness they once were, but I'm hoping for getting good results again with more weight loss.
  • Chael2dot0
    Chael2dot0 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    For most women I know, yes.
  • danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I’m afraid of losing all my breast if I lose 30lbs, which is what I NEED to lose to be in a healthy BMI. I don’t have much to start with
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    For me, yes. Any time I lose weight, it's obvious to me in my bra. When I gain weight, I gain in the bra. It may vary from person to person though...
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    This is going to vary from person to person.
    I know some that went from DD to A.. Nothing/flat chested.
    After I had lost 50 lbs, I went down from a 38 to a 34, but I stayed a DD.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    The prolactin levels were exceedingly dangerous and I was born with the tumor. My oncologist thinks as I got older it produced more prolactin the normal amount even if pregnant is 11-21 mine was 726. Most of the breast appears to be fatty tissue. So I am hoping as my weight decreases so will the volume. I dont care so much about appearance as I am concerned about balance and future back trouble. the rest of my weight is around my hips which is rapidly shrinking thanks to my elyptical training.

Have you had to have annual mammograms yet? I’ve lost next to nothing from my chest during a 60 pound weight loss. My radiologist said I was unlikely to lose much breast size even if I lost more weight because I have mostly dense breast tissue and very little fatty tissue in my breasts to lose. If you have a higher percentage of fatty tissue, you’re more likely to lose size, was my takeaway from that conversation.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of breast tissue you have. Some women have mostly fatty tissue, which will decrease in size with weight loss. Others have dense, fibrous breast tissue that doesn't usually change much in size. I've gained and lost about 70 lbs before and mine didn't change much in cup size, just band size.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    typically yes, but mine has stayed the same though i'm 20lbs lighter
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    Options
    Depends on the type of breast tissue you have. Some women have mostly fatty tissue, which will decrease in size with weight loss. Others have dense, fibrous breast tissue that doesn't usually change much in size. I've gained and lost about 70 lbs before and mine didn't change much in cup size, just band size.

yup. Mine change with body fat % however my poor sister's did not..
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    lililomo2 wrote: »

Thank God I am a EE at the moment my goal weight is between 120-140 I do not think my body would support me being that top heavy at that weight. I appreciate the feedback, thank you for sharing and for the postive advice.

For the record, I was a GG while breastfeeding and 130 lbs at 5' 6". My body had no issues whatsoever supporting those milk jugs (milk boobs are heavier than regular boobs). If you're that worried, work on your back and core muscles. And buy a couple GOOD bras. They might be $200 each. But they work.

When I lost weight initially (not breastfeeding) I went from an E to an E. As in it didn't change for me. That was a 30 lb loss roughly. My ribcage is 32".
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Mostly, yes. Rarely does a woman stay the same size at drastically different weights.

At my slimmest, I wear a 34B.

At my current middle weight I wear a 34D.

• Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 34 pounds and gone from a 36D to a 32C - not a significant cup size change but I've lost it in the sideboob and under the bra band, which makes me happy. I have about 40 pounds to go and hope to make it to a B cup by the time I'm done, but if I don't that's okay too.
  • thebuz
    thebuz Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It depends on the make up of your breasts (fat vs breast tissue) as a person further up responded. I went from a 36C to a 30DD. I have lost over 50 pounds. I never gained in that area either when I put on weight. I was always chesty.