Newbie here!

Hi! I am trying out my fitness pal for the first time. I do well with eating a sensible breakfast but it's lunchtime I struggle with the most especially after being at the gym! I find that I tend to eat a McDonald's which defeats the purpose of going the gym. Any simple and cheap lunch ideas that don't take ages to make? How do you find your fitness journeys going?

Replies

• TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    How about frozen lunches. I know not the most nutritious thing but they are pretty low in calories if you get the low fat/sodium kind. Salads?? If you pre-make them the night before you can just throw it in a container and go. If I'm craving carbs I'll do the same thing but then throw it in a wrap with some bbq sauce instead of salad dressing. Also when you say defeats the purpose, I know many a person who workout regularly so they can have a few cold ones on the weekend. So as long as it fits into your calorie counts, if you like it, go ahead and eat it! The journey is a marathon, not a sprint so its got ups and downs but I'm determined to keep it going!
  • sam1993higgins
    sam1993higgins Posts: 4 Member
    Hey guys- I’m going to have a crack at this too. Definitely feel like bringing some simple ingredients into work can help with lunches etc. I have been good this week and brought just some ham, cheese and spinach in for a tasty toasted sandwich each day. Weekend cook-ups are another great idea! Definitely agree Travis, a lot of us are happy working hard during the week and having a few cold ones over the weekend!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Meal prep miss @LaurenCofax chicken and fish, quinoa, kale etc bring your lunch to work have a protein bar before or after the gym