Take THAT, 5k!!!!

Options
I can't believe it...I just went out and did 5km.

I've had a terrible day today, feeling really rough, and then suddenly started feeling better. I'd really wanted to get a run in tonight, so I went out with the intention of doing 3km.

First one was hell. Second one, I thought I was going to die. Third one, I knew I was going to die.

And then...at the end of the third, there was this weird bloke just at the end of my driveway. I didn't like the look of him, so I decided I'd keep going and turn back when he was far enough away. Then I decided that was silly, and I was on the fourth, so I might as well see if I could do it.

End of the fourth I was flying (for me). The fifth felt easy in comparison. 150 metres from the end, some idiot backing out of his driveway without looking nearly cost me my glorious 100m sprint finish, but I managed to get past him without dying as well, and reached 5.07km at 42:10.

It ain't breaking any records, but I've gone from 3km on Monday to 5km today, and all whilst having a really bad bout of endometriosis. I can only assume it's the natural painkillers from that which kicked in and let me do it, and I'll discover I can't move tomorrow ;-)

As that was my goal...I need a new goal. (I'm thinking 'doing it quicker'!!!)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!