How to lose weight with regular work schedule

I am interested to know more about how to lose weight with regular work schedule of 8-9 hrs.

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Workout before work, at lunch or after work OR change what you are eating OR .... BOTH
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    edited October 2018
    You consume fewer calories than your body requires to maintain weight. You put your stats and activity level into this calculator along with your desired rate of loss and this calculator will calculate a weight loss calorie target for you. Note that this target assumes no exercise. When you exercise you get additional calories to work with to account for that activity which is NOT included in your activity level.

EAT: As for exercise, it is not required to lose weight...I wouldn't recommend that as regular exercise has all kinds of benefits to your overall health and well being and certainly makes weight loss easier. As that goes, you make time for it when you can.

I primarily cycle and lift 2-3x per week. It's dark here in the morning now and pretty well dark when I get home from work, so these days I pretty much get up and have a cup of coffee and shake off the fog and get on my indoor bike trainer for 30 minutes of various interval sessions during the week...on weekends I like to get out on the road with my road bike or hit a trail with my CX bike.

I usually lift on Monday and either Wednesday or Thursday after work and Saturday morning. Sometimes I miss my Monday session, but I definitely try to get in twice per week.

• funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Workout before work, at lunch or after work OR change what you are eating OR .... BOTH

^^^what she said^^^

Are you having issues with timing or diet or exercise or binging or ....

We'll try to help if you give more specifics.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    8-9 hours leaves you 15-16 hours a day.

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    funjen1972 wrote: »

^^^what she said^^^

if you mean meal timing it has no effect on weight loss unless it puts you into a deficit. same with diet. exercise isnt needed to lose weight but it helps change how your body looks and its for health and helps retain muscle.
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    I like working out before work and meal prepping at the beginning of the week. Getting up early to workout makes me feel like I've beat the system and it doesn't matter what happens through the course of the day, I've already fulfilled a commitment to myself.

Meal prepping on Sunday helps gauge portion sizes and generally helps set my intentions for the week.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member

^^^what she said^^^

if you mean meal timing it has no effect on weight loss unless it puts you into a deficit. same with diet. exercise isnt needed to lose weight but it helps change how your body looks and its for health and helps retain muscle.

Not what I mean that all. I'm just trying to figure out what OP is inquiring about.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

^^^what she said^^^

Not what I mean that all. I'm just trying to figure out what OP is inquiring about.

hes wanting to know how to lose weight with his work schedule. so they could be inquiring about anything from calories,to workouts to whatever it is. all they need is a deficit.
  • gcpower
    gcpower Posts: 17 Member
    A regular work schedule is a HUGE advantage. Building consistent meal routines is much easier than if you were juggling shift work or bouncing around on an irregular schedule.

Develp a breakfast routine, start a 'make lunch for work' routine, begin collecting and trying out simple after work dinner meal ideas. Simple to track on MP. A great opportunity to make food choices to help you get to your goal. Tweak as necessary. :)