Skinny Coach Dr Tiffany Wright

Options
adchak
adchak Posts: 62 Member
Has anyone been on the Skinny Coach program of cutting out sugar and flour? I have read tremendously positive reviews abt her program that incorporates clean eating and a behavior change towards weight loss

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    adchak wrote: »
    ... a behavior change towards weight loss

Behavior changes are critical to weight loss.

Food is fuel - we all need to eat everyday. We all need some balance of carbs, fat and protein and it's been like that for humans since pretty much forever.

Personally, I am interested in a "for the rest of my life" eating plan. I think i'll be successful in the long run because I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to nutritious eating.

The programs that involve eating some company's prepared 'funny' food for the first 60 days and then transitioning to your own food always fail for me, because, the funny food is not what i'm going to be eating for the rest of my life.

The elimination diets that use generic terms for the foods to cut out (flour and sugar) annoy the pants off me, because its the REFINED Flour that is the bigger problem, and the ADDED sugars that are the real issue, along with over-sized portions.

The purge diets strike me as the unhealthiest choice someone could make.

Going from one diet plan to another, losing weight for an event then putting it right back on afterwards - recipes for the condition called YO-YO Dieting.

Try an experiment for JUST one month of logging all your food, and shooting for the base nutritional balance of 50% carb (good complex carbs), 30% fat and 20% protein. See how it affects you.

good luck.
  • roobe18
    roobe18 Posts: 45 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Your comments made me reconsider paying $5400 into her programthat offers a lifetime of coaching and behavior tips to alter how we think abt food. Ive been doing clean eating, watchg macros, doing strength trainng and some cardio since May and gone from 203 to 187 today. I’ve gone off a few times over long weekends etc but got back on my clean eating. I think I’m going to stick to what Im doing, losg wt slowly is better than adrastic reduction of 40 lbs in 4 months. She toldme all her clients lose 10 lbs in 1 month.

Yeesh...$5400?!?!? Pay that to me and I'll be your best friend for life! Call me any time you want to put a donut in your mouth! (PS... All those coaching things she promised are basically available here on MFP for free)

And 8-10 lbs a month is actually quite achievable on just a basic CICO diet with exercise. Soooo... Basically she's blowing smoke up your skirt.
  • Scottb4857
    Scottb4857 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Thanks everyone! Your comments made me reconsider paying $5400 into her programthat offers a lifetime of coaching and behavior tips to alter how we think abt food. Ive been doing clean eating, watchg macros, doing strength trainng and some cardio since May and gone from 203 to 187 today. I’ve gone off a few times over long weekends etc but got back on my clean eating. I think I’m going to stick to what Im doing, losg wt slowly is better than adrastic reduction of 40 lbs in 4 months. She toldme all her clients lose 10 lbs in 1 month.

You've lost 16lbs in about 5 months, an average of 3.333 per month. That is only a little under the 1lb per week that is a very good rate of loss for most women. If you're really large to start with (and those numbers don't indicate that) then 2lbs per week is okay for a while, but typically not sustainable, especially as you get closer and closer to your target or ideal weight (which is completely subjective and up to you). If you want to increase it to 4.333 lbs a month then you need to create an additional 115 calorie/day deficit to what you're already doing. 15-20 minute walk each day, extra 60 minutes of moderately intense cardio each week, little bit less food, etc. You certainly don't need to spend $5400 to have someone tell you to keep up what you're already doing. Just a bit more effort or commitment and you're there - You got this!
  • twatson4936
    twatson4936 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Here is what eventually worked for me. I bought a Garmin watch that has a heart rate monitor. It does a decent job of seeing how many calories I burn in a day. Take the elevator 0 walk two flights of stairs 22. It has an app called Garmin Connect that you can link to MFP. I just make sure I eat fewer calories than I burn. the more of a deficit the faster I lose. I am down from 218 to 194. So my suggestion is to use the money to buy a nice watch that will read your heart rate and then sync it with MFP. Mine is a Forerunner 235, about $250. I know Garmin and Fitbit can do it. I agree with others that say all the fancy hype products mostly will fail. I tried - WW, low carb and Nutri system. Lost some on all but gained it back plus some soon after quitting. Good Luck
  • adchak
    adchak Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I cant say thank u enough for all your responses!!!!
    I also have hypothyroidism since I was 15, I am 43 now and Tsh etc are all within my normal range that works for my body. So my wt loss will be a bit slower but I’m ok with that.
    The good news is that for a period of 5-6 weeksmy wt was just going down then up then down 1-2 lbs in a week. I started 4.63 miles of walking 3 times a week and being a bit more active and finally the last 3-4 days wt is consistently showing lower!
    I also have a HUGEeee sugar addiction and I am trying hard not to eat any added sugar. Its all or nothing that works for me. Even 1-2 bite sends me down a road where I start eating cakes and pastries everyday.
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I’m going to check out that Garmin watch.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!