Weekend cravings help

Options
Why do I always binge on the weekends? I'm so good during the week and then on the weekends I get cravings for junk and ruin the whole week 😣 every time. I hate it!! I have tried going for healthier options for a treat but that doesn't always work.

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Are your calories too low? can you save calories during the week to fit junk food in on the weekends?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    There are two possibilities that seem most likely for what's going on here:

Possibility one: Your desire to over-eat on weekends is related to habit of weekend indulgence/snacking, to boredom, or (less likely for most people on weekends) to stress. If one of those is true, then the answers are things like replacing a snacking habit with something else (hot tea, stretching, etc. - what works depends on the context: whether you're socializing, watching TV, or whatever, at thebtie when you're driven to eat. Ideas like new hobbies may apply, especially a hobby that requires clean hands (like sketching, needlework, playing a musical instrument) or creates dirty hands (carpentry, painting, gardening)).

Possibility 2: You've over-restricted calories, and are hungry by the weekend, and have fewer distractions, so you over-eat. If you're trying to lose more than 1% of your current body weight per week, this possibility is rather likely, but it could apply even at a lower calorie deficit.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, then eat.

Just find a way to burn it off.

I usually do a power walk, run, or both before i binge. It's like calories in the bank. :)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    So long as your weekly net calories are still at your calorie goal, it doesn't matter if you eat over your limit on some days.

Some people do Intermittent Fasting 5:2 and it suits them well and lose weight.

I just eat what/whenever makes me happy, and keep an eye on my weekly calories. (Lost 80 lbs; kept it off 2.5 years so far).

Diary>Nutrition>Calories>Week View>Net

You can go back from week to week and check if you've been over each week. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Net means the amount you're supposed to eat to lose weight healthily. It's the amount after exercise and weight loss goal deficit are calculated.

Lots of people "bank" calories during the week to eat on weekends. That might suit you. Enjoy!