Serving help?

I know this food is not healthy regardless, but on the back of McCain pizza pops it says the serving size is one snack. Do they mean the two of them that are in the package or just one snack? I have some junk food items like this I’m trying to finish up around the house and not buy again. :/ I hate wasting food tho so I’m not gonna throw them out.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,302 Member
    I don't know what those are...have you tried going to their website and searching for the nutrition?

https://mccain.ca/en/products/snacking/pizza-pockets/pizza-pockets-pepperoni
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    Looking online (probably the same sites linked above) It's per 100g so per one item. Pizza pockets are done similarly, per pocket.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    It should have a weight in parentheses after the "serving = 1 snack". You can either weigh them to see whether that matches 1 or 2 (my bet would be 1) or compare the described weight of 1 snack to the labeled weight for the whole package.

If there is no weight listed after "serving = 1 snack," does it say how many servings are in the total package (that's usually on the next line of the nutritional label after the serving size). If the package was full when you started, you should be able to figure out what they're considering "1 snack".

If none of that works, I would assume that it's just one self-contained pastry that is a serving, not the two that are in the package.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited October 2018
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Mellzxo wrote: »
    I know this food is not healthy regardless, but on the back of McCain pizza pops it says the serving size is one snack. Do they mean the two of them that are in the package or just one snack? I have some junk food items like this I’m trying to finish up around the house and not buy again. :/ I hate wasting food tho so I’m not gonna throw them out.

It should also give the serving size in grams. Put it on a food scale and find out!

And don't get too caught up in the idea of junk food. Even when considering health in addition to weight loss, nothing wrong with having a pizza pop or hot pocket or something like that every once and awhile as long as you are eating a foundation of nutritious food.

^ Totally agree with this. Plus, they have protein, fat, carbs and some micro nutrients. Nothing wrong with that.