How do you keep motivated

Options
2»

Replies

• gojolida
    gojolida Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i'm all about "perfect attendance" -- just logging in daily, entering in the foods i'm eating, and going for the longest login streak i can is motivation enough! if you're being honest with what you're eating and exercising, that awareness can be really motivating, and the reward is seeing how many days you've been on. this isn't my first time with MFP but my long streak before was over a year, and that was really motivating!
  • swatson99
    swatson99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was already motivated because I hated being fat and didn't feel good all the time. But a big turning point for me was watching on Netflix the documentary "Obesity The Post Mortem".

They actually show an autopsy of an obese woman and what being obese did to her organs. Just seeing that and seeing where my future was headed I didn't like it one bit. The lady was only like 60 and I'm 48 so I could picture me being up on that table and them cutting me open. That was enough for me. I didn't sleep much that night and I've been faithful ever since.

For 40 days now I've been good with one slip up and I got right back on track and I've lost 15 lbs so far.

I still have a long way to go but I stay motivated by listening to podcasts like 100 pounds Phit n Phat. Just look up "obesity" on your podcast search and you'll find that and others. I read, watch and listen to everything motivational thing I can get my hands on and I'm living the dream and enjoying the journey. Good luck to you!
  • d_northrop
    d_northrop Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For my cardio at the gym I have a Netflix show movie ect. I can only watch at the gym. I Try to pick action fast moving so my cardio stays at a fast pace. For eating, as soon as I get home from grocery shopping i split up my items with one serving size of that item in a beg or container.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Realistic expectations, and reminding myself to trust the process when it feels like things are going wrong.
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I try to workout 3or4 days a week for about 70 minutes and each day I do I put a ck mark on my wall calendar. As for eating I just it what I want and try not to over do it. I have learned not to be too hard on myself and stop making comparisons to others. Why? Thanks for asking. Because they are not me and I’m not them. 😉