Vape..?

Is there anyone here that vape's?

I started yesterday as a way to cut down (eventually quit) my smoking, since yesterday 10am iv had only 1 smoke and only filled once on my vape pen (18mg medium?) Which i think is pretty good going.

Has anyone had any success quitting this way?

Replies

• escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    My mother and 3 friends have quit using one, good luck!
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    Good for you. Congrats on cutting down. I smoke like a freight train and havent used ecigs yet. Be prepared to be blasted by the progressive liberals regarding their "opinions" regarding ecigs. I hope you get to where you want to be.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Good for you. Congrats on cutting down. I smoke like a freight train and havent used ecigs yet. Be prepared to be blasted by the progressive liberals regarding their "opinions" regarding ecigs. I hope you get to where you want to be.

YAY FOR TURNING THIS POLITICAL!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I quit using ecigs
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    I quit smoking 4 years last Feb using E cigs ...but sadly now I vape everyday lol!

I have cut down to the lowest mg possible. But quitting hasn`t worked for me I have just taken my addiction of smoking to vaping :laugh:

I know people that have managed to quit using e cigs and others that haven`t.

My hubby quit at the same time I wanted to by using the chewing gum stuff.

I quit once for 7 years by going cold turkey.

It is down to determination IMO

I suppose it is like offering an alcoholic alcohol free beer
  • MistyEE
    MistyEE Posts: 67
    lol - WOW.

I am considered a "progressive liberal" by most "retentive republicans"...LOL (I am neither)

and I have vaped for two years. it helped me quit smoking. I actually was trying to find out some info about ejuice "nutrition info" a couple days ago.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member

Down with the military industrial narco-terrorist pinko commie conspiracy that forced me to start smoking in the first place! Okay. Not really.

I don't smoke.

But good on the OP for working on quitting!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Sorry, wrong board, thought you were talking about *kitten*.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    A good friend now uses e-cigs, but when his wife isn't around, he still sneaks the real thing.

He's cut way back, though, and that is great!

As for the contents, nicotine in itself doesn't really have any side effects. The carcinogens are in the smoke and tar. If you end up not quitting but enjoy the e-cigs, they're infinitely better for you.
  • LeviLeDoux
    LeviLeDoux Posts: 151 Member
    I've been vaping for nine months now and feel so much better!
    I'm currently vaping a lime berry juice on a Sentinel clone with a Chimbus rba running .5 ohms, and man is it yummy!
    I'm also about to make my own mech mod, which should be fun. Happy vaping! ^_^
  • flowers.
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member

We all knew it would, just wanted to get it started. BTW OP, I still hope it all works out and you get to where you want to be. Keep us posted.
  • tipadoo
    tipadoo Posts: 104 Member
    After 30 years of smoking I quit using Champix...worked for me! but, I think I probably would have started up again if it wasn't for the e-cigarette (no nicotine) - it just makes me feel better to have it. Not sure if Vape is the same as an e-cig?
  • JosieFury
    JosieFury Posts: 18 Member
    I smoked for about 15 years and the only thing that managed to get me to quit was ecigs. I get the blu ones as they're one of the few brands that don't have propylene glycol and they're literally right on the corner at Walgreens.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    I'm currently vaping a lime berry juice on a Sentinel clone with a Chimbus rba running .5 ohms, and man is it yummy!

There comes a time in every man's life where he realizes that younger people are saying things that he just does not understand. I have apparently reached that age, as I have absolutely no clue what they heck she just said up there. Chimbus rba . . . .5 ohms, mech mod . . .

This sounds like a weapon. :angry:

A berry lime flavored weapon. :tongue:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    already posted on another thread: i used ecigs for a couple of weeks, then quit nicotine all together, ca. 1.5 mo ago. THEY R AWESOME AND WORKED PERFECT FOR ME IN THIS I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: THEM (but i m done using them and don't plan to pick one up ever again)
  • LeviLeDoux

There comes a time in every man's life where he realizes that younger people are saying things that he just does not understand. I have apparently reached that age, as I have absolutely no clue what they heck she just said up there. Chimbus rba . . . .5 ohms, mech mod . . .

This sounds like a weapon. :angry:

A berry lime flavored weapon. :tongue:

It does kinda look like a weapon! :laugh:
    And age has nothing to do with it. I've seen 75 year old ladies spill out more jargon than that! It rubs off on you when you get into the vaping community and catch the mod bug. :blushing:
  • LeviLeDoux
    After 30 years of smoking I quit using Champix...worked for me! but, I think I probably would have started up again if it wasn't for the e-cigarette (no nicotine) - it just makes me feel better to have it. Not sure if Vape is the same as an e-cig?

uh... e-cigs have nicotine, just no tobacco

You can get 0mg ejuice. :wink:
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340

Much of what you have just written went right over my head!

im using a Tornado T, but its not cartridges, its one i fill with the liquid. I ordered the real tab liquid and the cherry menthol liquid, currently preferring the cherry menthol.

Iv been looking at vapor girls, love some of their stuff.. but i have no idea how to start building my collection lol... i could do with some basics and a breakdown.
  • Charweezie
    Charweezie Posts: 115 Member
    i quit smoking, then my genius husband bought me a vapor for mothers day :/ so now i vape everyday.
  • cherryd69

Apparently yes they are the same thing lol :)

I cant use champix or the niquitin stuff (champix made me really ill and niquitin brought me out in a god aweful rash!)

I tried to quit 2 years ago and managed for 12 weeks cold turkey, but i snapped one night on the way home from work during an argument with the OH about my driving (was still on provisional so needed him in the car according to the law :grumble: ) had a massive b.f got out of the car an promptly walked to the nearest shop for my ciggs lol.
  • LeviLeDoux

Much of what you have just written went right over my head!

im using a Tornado T, but its not cartridges, its one i fill with the liquid. I ordered the real tab liquid and the cherry menthol liquid, currently preferring the cherry menthol.

Iv been looking at vapor girls, love some of their stuff.. but i have no idea how to start building my collection lol... i could do with some basics and a breakdown.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com has a wealth of information. You should check it out. :flowerforyou:
  • cherryd69
    Lol

i have, but.. i agree with another poster on this topic, iv gone past the age of understanding! :laugh:

Iv got 2 mates on my facebook that vape, and when i told them i was getting an ecig from totallywicked they went waffling on about different things... confused the hell out of me:blushing:
  • LeviLeDoux
    Yeahh, I have a tendency to get excited about new vapers. It's only because I think it's awesome and courageous for a person to quit smoking. Let me know if you have any specific questions or troubles with your particular setup. I may be able to help troubleshoot it. :smile:
  • cherryd69
    Thanks hun, think ill end up just sticking to the pre-made stuff. Its complicated enough without going into the modded section.

brought one off ebay the other day, the ego-ce4, im guessing its a knock off, but again its different to the Totally wicked tornado kit, instead of having coils.. in the clear bit its got for want of a better explanation.. String haha...

I just wanted a backup battery, they both fit, so im happy :)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    I quit 4 year ago with ecigs. I'm a big proponent of them. I started with a Joye 510, and now I use an eGo. I tried a few mods in between, but had problems with quality. The eGo works great for me. I recently started making my own liquid, so now I save even more money. I just bought the nicotine liquid, a PG/VG mix, and the flavorings and I mix it up at home. That way I can control the nicotine level, and I've weaned myself down from high to med-low.

Yeah, after 4 years I still vape. But ya know what? Nicotine wasn't my problem - all the tar and carcinogens in tobacco were killing me, so I'm OK with that. If I ever develop vascular problems, I'll have to go to 0 mg, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. The way I figure it, I've quit smoking, totally revamped my diet to a healthy one, lost 45 pounds, and gone from a couch potato to a gym rat. Vaping is my one little vice, so I don't feel bad doing it. And my health has greatly improved since I quit smoking, so vape on!
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    My husband and quite a few of his mates have managed to quit smoking due to ecigs, so I'm all for them! I know people say the health effects aren't known but they can't be as bad as smoking real cigarettes!
  • LeviLeDoux
    CASAA has just done a study on the safety of vaping. It's pretty god news for vapers and their families. :smile:

http://ejuiceconnoisseur.com/2013/08/09/vape-wars-a-new-hope-sorry-mr-lucas-had-to-do-it/