Smart Watch Suggestions

Options
Hey all,

Currently I am using a Fitbit Charge 2 to track my workouts, steps, calories burned, etc., but it's on it's last leg and I am looking for something new. They do have a Fitbit Charge 3 out now, but I'm not sure I want another Fitbit. I have also thought about getting the Samsung Gear. It would be nice to have a watch that does everything, not only fitness tracking.

What kind of watch are you using to track fitness and why do you like it?

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I just upgraded to the Charge 3 after having the Charge 2, and I am pretty impressed with it. It's waterproof now, I can choose the workouts I normally do to track, I can track my cycle on it, and I like being able to just scroll down from the main screen to see all of my stats for the day. So far I get about 6-7 days out of it before I need to stick it on the charger.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have a Samsung Gear Sport. Overall, I really like it. It has been great at providing data for calories burned. I like that it has phone connectivity and getting notifications on it (you can pick and choose what apps send notifications to the watch). I like that I don't have to worry about it getting wet. It syncs well with MFP and also you get a free year of premium with the watch. It also is good at providing data for sleeping as well. It also goes off with my phone alarm by default which I like as well (my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9)

The downsides to the watch are battery life and time it takes to charge. I charge it on average every 3 days and it takes about 3 hours to fully charge.

Overall, I would recommend it. I would also consider the new Galaxy Gear as the specs are the same as the sport as far as functionality and water resistance (you can swim and track swimming) but the larger version of the Galaxy Gear has a much larger battery life (should allow an extra day or two of charge) which would be worth it in my opinion.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Until Suunto improves its website/user interface, I'm all garmin all the time. I want the data.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Katie8778 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Currently I am using a Fitbit Charge 2 to track my workouts, steps, calories burned, etc., but it's on it's last leg and I am looking for something new. They do have a Fitbit Charge 3 out now, but I'm not sure I want another Fitbit. I have also thought about getting the Samsung Gear. It would be nice to have a watch that does everything, not only fitness tracking.

What kind of watch are you using to track fitness and why do you like it?

Sometimes I drive my bike somewhere scenic. I ask my watch (Garmin Fenix 5X) to come up with a route of however many miles I want to ride, and give me turn by turn navigation back to my car. I find that pretty valuable.

Bike calories are never off by more than 5% because it can talk to power meters.
  • rileyskye1
    rileyskye1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just got the fitbit versa and love it...its waterproof, very sleek and not bulky, looks like a smart watch, and has the fitbit coach built in so you dont have to pay for it.
  • shalvy2007
    shalvy2007 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've had the fitbit charge along with the fitbit blaze and I just recently upgraded to the Samsung Gear S2 and loving it, keeps track of my steps along with heart monitor calories burned plus I'm able to set up what apps I can receive notifications from and respond to a text via the watch as well. Overall I've been happy with the Gear S2
  • RandyInOklahaoma
    RandyInOklahaoma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Samsung watch. Its doing everything I thought it would do and more.