To anyone who is thinking of giving up...

Options
... don't quit.

Think about why you started this weight loss journey in the first place. Be it for family, health, nicer clothes, a better job, more energy, travel more... whatever "it" is, the most important reason you can lose weight for is you. I know this isn't easy, but I also know it's rewarding in so many ways. If you give up now, not only will you render all your hard work to this point useless, but you will not reach your goal. Think about that: you can't hit a home run if you don't even swing the bat. Weight loss is the same way- you get there via hard work and perseverance.

Boxer Mohammad Ali once said "... everything that God made valuable in the world is covered and hard to get to. Where do you find diamonds? Deep down in the ground, covered and protected. Where do you find pearls? Deep down at the bottom of the ocean, covered up and protected in a beautiful shell. Where do you find gold? Way down in the mine, covered over with layers and layers of rock. You’ve got to work hard to get to them."

Weight loss is tough- be tougher. Show the world what you're made of. You are a precious human life, and I promise you're worth it. And someday when you reach your goal, you'll be glad you stuck with it.

Replies

• JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    this is really good. glad you shared. The Ali quote is pretty awesome.
  • karabobera
    karabobera Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this!! Was feeling kind of down about the journey tonight, I owe you one for the pick me up :,)
  • LoveMyKevins
    LoveMyKevins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great! Ty for sharing ❤️
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this!! Was feeling kind of down about the journey tonight, I owe you one for the pick me up :,)

You can do it, Kara! Don't give up!
  • Kimmotion5783
    Options
    You look great! Ty for sharing ❤️

Thanks!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting your thoughts, Kim. I've been plateaued for a while and it is starting to get me down. You reminded why I started this weight loss program. I'm not doing this all over again. You've given me renewed determination.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Really glad you shared this and I read it today! Thanks. :)
  • Kimmotion5783
    Options
    Don't give up, folks! You've come too far. Whatever roadblocks you might be encountering are only temporary.