Low carb breakfast ideas needed no egg or dairy....

Options
bsteves06
bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
Just looking for some ideas on low carb breakfasts, I'm getting sick of eggs and dairy makes me break out. Thanks so much!!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Just looking for some ideas on low carb breakfasts, I'm getting sick of eggs and dairy makes me break out. Thanks so much!!

Fatty ribeye, deep fried butter in coconut oil with a coffee cream dipping sauce ( a better version of bulletproof coffee imo)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Bacon, sausage, ham...

And try to think outside of the breakfast box. Why does breakfast have to have typical breakfast foods and not something else that you know you like?
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies, depending on the fruit you use, can be low in net carbs.
    Berries in particular tend to be lower in carbs. Instead of using milk or water as your base, brew some green tea for extra health benefits, throw in some chia or flaxseed to thicken it and enjoy!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Fish- smoked salmon or mackerel are great breakfast.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms cooked in butter with a side of bacon
  • darkestdayz
    darkestdayz Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I usually have a small can of albacore tuna, some mayo and a roma tomato, sometimes a slice of swiss cheese.
  • brittanybuechter
    Options
    I love Aldi's Fit and Active products. Sometimes I'll fix 1 Fit and Active whole grain waffle, with 1 pre cooked turkey sausage patty from walmart, and 1/4 of a large haas avocado. If I'm not mistaken, it's between 250-275 calories and suprisingly filling!
  • JanMarie2BHealthy
    Options
    Oatmeal with various fruits.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,623 Member
    Options
    Kippers.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Nuts and nut butters might be a good option.
    There's a brand called Joseph's that makes flax/oat/whole grain pita which i think is relatively low carb and high protein for a bread product. It's yummy with peanut butter or, as someone else said, breakfast doesn't need to be breakfast food, so make a sandwich with any other protein you like.
  • dkhuff1
    dkhuff1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Make your own granola. Add lots of nuts, seeds, whole grain and dried fruit. You can eat it with a banana. Do you like beans? Sausage or ham with beans can be good. Smoked chicken or fish. Or what about a protein smoothie with some low carb fruit and a protein powder? Hopefully that type of dairy won't upset your system. I too like green smoothies.
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms cooked in butter with a side of bacon

That sounds good! Add in some sauteed onions, and yummy.
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with various fruits.

Lol totally low carb
  • bsteves06
    bsteves06 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Sorry I should have mentioned I can't eat things like fish for breakfast, I would barf. Thanks for the suggestions though :)