Weigh-in Day?

Options
rainycs65
rainycs65 Posts: 13 Member
Good Morning! Is there a place in MFP that we set our weigh-in day? I built my profile a while ago and can't remember. I'm changing my weigh-in day and would like to change it in the app if there is a place for it and someone can tell me where to find it. Thanks!!

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    It's under the reminders tab in the drop down menu
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh in everyday because my weight is up one day, down the next and it's pretty inpredictable and I would hate missing out on knowing about my progress. So I weigh in everyday and log when there's a loss from the last lowest weight. I don't know many people that do it the way I do it though. I also have the Libra app where I record my weight every single day.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    xmarye wrote: »
    I like to weigh in everyday because my weight is up one day, down the next and it's pretty inpredictable and I would hate missing out on knowing about my progress. So I weigh in everyday and log when there's a loss from the last lowest weight. I don't know many people that do it the way I do it though. I also have the Libra app where I record my weight every single day.

I use Libra too I used to weigh everyday and record every time I saw a new "low" before I discovered Libra now I log my weight there every day and only once a week in mfp
  • ipmac22
    ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I do the SAME thing. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts, but I understand daily weight fluctuations, so I weigh every day to get the overall picture. I think as long as you can mentally handle being up a little after being down the day before, it's ok. If you are the kind of person who will let it ruin your day, it doesn't work.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Yep, if you really want to know (and it doesn't make you anxious) you should weigh every morning after the toilet in the same level of dress. Your weight will bounce around by several pounds and you just need to accept that. Watch the average over 5-7 days to see how you're doing.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options

I did that while losing. I knew I was in deficit and it would keep going lower so I just recorded new lows when I saw them. At maintenance I set a big range and don't record much, but I pay attention to the highest weight; I stay low enough that I don't go over the top even on spikes.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I, too, weigh every morning; I only record the next lowest weight. That works well for me. I think when I finally get to maintenance, I will record the next highest weight. And if it gets above, and stays above, where I want to be, I will cut more calories, and exercise more.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and log my average weight for that week on a Sunday.
  • danavelling
    danavelling Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Sunday morning first thing when I get out of bed
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    rainycs65 wrote: »
    Good Morning! Is there a place in MFP that we set our weigh-in day? I built my profile a while ago and can't remember. I'm changing my weigh-in day and would like to change it in the app if there is a place for it and someone can tell me where to find it. Thanks!!

You can weigh in any day you want, including different days each week, as far as MFP is concerned. It will record the new weight whenever you log it.