Day One of Working Out?!

Options
Hello All! Putting this discussion up for those who may have already started dietary modifications but are now working on incorporating exercise into their lives. Specifically those who this is either their first time being in a gym or has been a long time since. I figured people could share tips, tricks and experiences with each other. Personally I used to be a regular in my old gym and had been a female powerlifter for 17 years, then I got engaged and married and my stick of a husband never worked out. I definitely dropped off and stopped going completely and packed on the weight. I have been a serial starter in the past, but now am trying to make these life long changes. I started at 187lbs and now am at 160lbs with just dietary modifications, I finally feel I can get myself back into the gym without worrying as much about injuring myself due to weight concerns. My current plan is to utilize a three day workout plan focusing each day on a major muscle group: deadlift day, bench day, squat day. On top of this I upgraded my Xperience Fitness package to include group classes so I can incorporate yoga and Zumba for stretching and cardio. I will update as I progress and start getting on my feet, but so far I'm happy to at least have a plan started and a couple days into it. So let's hear it guys!

Replies

• amberellen12
    amberellen12 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Ok going to dust off my pilate bench. Have arthritis in one hip so jogging or any jarring exercises are out for me.

Day 1 for me!