My C25k Diary (Will Update as I do each session)

Options
Styggian
Styggian Posts: 465 Member
edited October 2018 in Motivation and Support
Just did session 1 of week 1 of C25k Program (One of my New Year's resolutions).

I chose the program from the UK National Health Service website:

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/couch-to-5k-week-by-week/

After putting on my old Ron Hill Trackmaster leggings, (last time they were worn was in the late 90's) and my brand new trainers (bought in the January sales especially for this occasion) I felt pretty good.

Once out on the road and finally came to my first run session, after 5 seconds I knew I was a undiscovered Olympian, after 10 seconds I knew I was going to die and regretted not being part of the mobile phone owners club, as I could not phone a ambulance.

Then the Laura the program narrator/controller/taskmaster/fiend from hell, finally said "walk". Did not think I could go on. But once Laura said "run" I ran .

Quite pleased that I finished it , once I showered and changed into warm clothing, must admit I felt good and am actually looking forward to the next session.

If you are thinking about, doing the C25k program, based on the first session I would recommend it, I found it well paced, challenging yet achievable.

Will update this after each session, see if I can finish the program.

Next session planned for Friday

This was meant for the 'Fitness & Exercise' section, am obviously more tired than I originally thought :)

Replies

• Styggian
    Options
    Can't figure how to move this post to the 'Fitness & Exercise', so will copy & paste the original text to make a new post in the correct section.
  • JulesBooth
    JulesBooth Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I finished the couch to 5k last week. Loved the whole experience. Good luck with your programme.
  • Styggian
    Options
    kirk136
    Thanks, hated the running but like the feeling I got when I finished the session, actually looking forward to the next session, am expecting some improvement :disappointed:

Am determined to finish it, will be happy if I can run for 30 mins at the end of it, not too worried about going 5k :)
  • sarahlucindac
    sarahlucindac Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I finished this program about a month ago and it was amazing!! It taught me to enjoy running. I used to absolutely hate it. Since finishing the program, I now run twice a week (in addition to my other exercises-circuit training and hiking) — just for fun and to stay in running shape. Excellent program! Good luck and enjoy!
  • Styggian
    Options
    sarahlucindac
    Thanks for the feedback, really hope I have your attitude after I finish the program :)