Meal Pre for a week

nhami0617
nhami0617 Posts: 2 Member
I want to lose at least 50lbs to reach my goal weight. But I want to start meal pre my food for a full week..anyone have any tips? Or recipes?

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Skinnytatste.com (https://www.skinnytaste.com/skinnytaste-meal-plan-october-22-october-28/) has weekly meal plans along with recipes. No need to follow them to a tee, but they might offer some helpful suggestions. I think crock pot meals are a great place to start. Do your grocery shopping and basic prep like cutting and chopping at the beginning of the week, then assemble everything in the crock pot in the morning. There are tons of crock pot ideas on this site and others.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    I don't really meal prep for the week, but when I cook anything that is easy to scale up for batch cooking that freezes well, will quadruple the recipe so I always have a variety of freezer meals to pull out during the week. Suitable recipes are braised chicken dishes such as coq au vin, dak dori tang, chinese chicken curry, chicken cacciatore. Braised meat dishes such as beef rendang, braised lamb shanks, lamb and beef stew. Lasagna, meatloaf, and meatballs.
  • chela035
    chela035 Posts: 2 Member
    After I lost 40 lb I gain it back. 😞 I want to loose them back beacusenis affecting my legs and feet. I just saw skinny taste n I'm try it. Can u guys five me any other suggestion with out removing any food ..
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    nhami0617 wrote: »
    I want to lose at least 50lbs to reach my goal weight. But I want to start meal pre my food for a full week..anyone have any tips? Or recipes?

I have to feed husband and son and so, after recruiting them to the program I'm on, I decided to pre-prepare meals. What I do is this:

I make out a menu for the seven day week. Included in that meal are at least THREE meals I'm able to freeze all in one container. Then I went to the local Dollar Tree (or any Dollar store) and bought sets of foil containers. They come with little lids and the edges fold down for sealing. I always suggest wrapping the entire package in 2 layers of plastic wrap. But get the size appropriate for your needs.

These three frozen meals are created to feed double the number of people in the house. So if you're single, you may have to cut back the recipes.

I make lighter versions of favorite casseroles. For me its about cutting calories, but also sodium. So I lighten them myself. However, you can find all kinds of nice ones online. Add a salad or a fresh, steamed side veggie and you have a totally easy meal for later! I have begun by saving them up and now have amassed all the meals I'll need for taking "cooking breaks".