Hi from DK

Options
PeCa79
PeCa79 Posts: 6 Member
edited October 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi from Denmark,

Not completely new to MFP, but certainly new to the forums. Just thought I'd say hello.

Have been using MFP for tracking calorie intake for the past 4-5 months, and it's working great. Been ramping up exercise in the form of walking since january this year - and together with some general calorie intake control has given some good results. I weighed in at 145kgs (320lbs) in january - and have since then lost 40lbs until now.

The really big change came when I started up doing more activities. The main one being running, which I started out with in July. Started out running 200 metres (which nearly killed me, I think) and slowly built up the running intervals. The days in rest (I run 3-4 times per week) I switch around between walking, bicycling and swimming. It's been a HUGE change in well-being, self confidence and simply discovering the working out can be a hobby! Getting restless and annoyed on rest-days, damn what a feeling!
The last five-sixt lines may sound self-absorbed and like some sort of humble bragging, but simply coming from a black hole of food-addiction and total lack of excercise, it's an amazing feeling suddenly having this amount of energy. Going from barely being able to run 200 metres, to finishing a 5K in under 32 minutes, something I would have NEVER thought I'd experience.

So for anyone hitting the wall outthere, stick with it - if an idiot like me can do it, ANYONE can :)

Replies

• KungfuPandin
    KungfuPandin Posts: 90 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I can relate to everything you wrote. I'm asthmatic and regularly have sever symptoms. All my life I couldn't run or blow up a balloon either.. Its like one of those things I never thought I would do. Improving my fitness has improved my asthma and now I run for pleasure and stress relief. Not as good speeds as you on your 5k but I live on the hills. I'm building up to a 10k soon. Edited to add: I think your achievement is inspiring!