Losing Inches in hips and thighs (women specifically)

Options
Coffee_addict22
Coffee_addict22 Posts: 86 Member
edited October 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I can’t get my hips to budge from 41 inches. I know you’re body loses weight were it wants to but I used to have 36 inch hips😩 anyone have success losing inches in their hips and thighs? I need some encouragement

Replies

• Coffee_addict22
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    You can't spot reduce. Keep losing (within reason - depending on what changed, 36 inch hips may or may not be feasible for you now).
    I understand that. Just looking for some motivation. I’m really discouraged with my weight and body right now. My hips have stayed at 41inches for over a year.
  • Coffee_addict22
    Options
    sarahbums wrote: »
    you can't spot reduce fat, unfortunately. All you can do is stick to a reasonable calorie deficit and be patient.

The patience is were I suck. I’ve tried and failed to many times and quit easily now.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Are you doing any kind resistance training (weights)?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Are you losing anywhere else?
  • Coffee_addict22
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Are you doing any kind resistance training (weights)?

I did for about 5 months. Nothing changed except for like maybe a 1/2 inch.
  • Coffee_addict22
    Options

kami3006 wrote: »
    Are you losing anywhere else?

Not really seeing any weight loss. I fluctuate about 5lbs or so back and forth. I’ve lost about 3 inches in my waist but not really anywhere else. It’s very frustrating. I’m getting tired of trying.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue (the absolute last place I will lose weight is my hips and thighs)
    But it sounds more like you have an issue staying in a deficit.
    Log EVERYTHING you eat (I literally just logged a bite of a sugar cookie that I are from my child's cookie)
    And weigh everything you consume.
  • HeyJudii
    HeyJudii Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have been running at least once a day for an hour 5 days/week for about 9 months. Aside from the fact that I love to run, I have steadily been losing about an inch a month in my hips and thighs. I also maintain a calorie deficit though, with strict logging.

Edited to add: My hips and thighs are the very last place I lose weight.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Okay so how is your deficit? Are you actually sticking to it? It’s more food than exercise trust me! Also you’re body chooses where you lose fat from in order. For some it’s hips then stomach and arms and for others it stomach and arms first then hips and thighs. This is totally normal! My body type loses from hips and stomach first and my arms/thighs have barely budged. I lost 12 lbs and inches from my hips and waist but not a single inch from my arms and thighs. But I didn’t let it get to me because when I was 130 lbs my arms and legs were smaller and right now I’m 150lbs so it’s just going to be the last place to lose fat. It’s all down to genetics.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you're not losing weight, you're losing too much to lose weight and you need to eat less. If your hips are currently 5" bigger than they used to be, you currently weight significantly more than you used to and just need to be patient.
  • Coffee_addict22
    Options
    I have the same issue (the absolute last place I will lose weight is my hips and thighs)
    But it sounds more like you have an issue staying in a deficit.
    Log EVERYTHING you eat (I literally just logged a bite of a sugar cookie that I are from my child's cookie)
    And weigh everything you consume.
    I’m struggle with logging. I feel like I’m not getting it right so I’ll get frustrated logging everything and quit. I will endeavor to try harder. Thanks for the advice❤️❤️
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    How often do you measure yourself? If not seeing those numbers going down is discouraging then I would suggest only measuring yourself once a month. I take my measurements on the first of every month but put the measuring tape away until the next month.

And the spend that month really focused on your goal. Track everything you eat, measure/weigh all of it. Dive into a fitness routine. If you lose weight, you’ll lose the inches.