2»

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »
    ejg1010 wrote: »
    Congrats on your weight loss!
    I think the other posters above have answered your initial question about hair loss, but just as an aside it might be worth setting your goal now to 0.5 pounds per week as you're already in the middle of the healthy weight bracket for your height. The extra calories should help with getting in the extra nutrients. 1200 per day is quite low. If you increase your calories now that might make your loss more sustainable when you reach your end goal and switch to maintenance.

Thank you. I will consider changing it sooner. Was going to leave it till I was about another 10lbs down but I may reconsider if it will help my hair situation

Hair loss is the symptom you’re noticing. That doesn’t mean it was the only negative effect. I would definitely bump up at least close to maintenance sooner than later.

And really, no reason not to bump it up today.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    kami3006 wrote: »
    ejg1010 wrote: »
    Congrats on your weight loss!
    I think the other posters above have answered your initial question about hair loss, but just as an aside it might be worth setting your goal now to 0.5 pounds per week as you're already in the middle of the healthy weight bracket for your height. The extra calories should help with getting in the extra nutrients. 1200 per day is quite low. If you increase your calories now that might make your loss more sustainable when you reach your end goal and switch to maintenance.

Thank you. I will consider changing it sooner. Was going to leave it till I was about another 10lbs down but I may reconsider if it will help my hair situation

Hair loss is the symptom you’re noticing. That doesn’t mean it was the only negative effect. I would definitely bump up at least close to maintenance sooner than later.

And really, no reason not to bump it up today.

yep