5'2 women/Comfortable weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I’m not sure how I’ve not posted in this thread before. I’m 5’2 and initially lost ~30 lbs in about a years time approximately 4 years ago. That took me down to just below my original goal weight of 125 , and I thought I would settle in there, but I kept losing very slowly over the next few months and landed at about 120 for maintenance.

A year or so later I was more active and started losing really slowly again so I moved my maintenance midpoint to 118 and had about a +/- 2 lb regular window for maintenance. Lately I’ve crept up again and with a much busier work schedule and winter months now, I know I will be less active. I think 120-124 would be a good range for me for the holidays, etc - by acknowledging up front that I know a little weight gain is inevitable but totally manageable due to my experience losing and then maintaining I think I will relax a little. Plus it’s sweater weather not bikini weather. I’ve noticed my face looking a little peaked at this lower weight and I’m freaking always cold!!!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    At 5'2, about what weight do you think you looked the best or were most comfortable at? I would like to get around 135 ish but not really sure what a 'good' weight for my height is. I'm just curious. 🙂

Side note-i know it kind of depends on your body type too. I think I'm more towards the "heavier set" (Not sure of the word lol) side, as in bigger boobs/butt/hips etc

I'm 5'2.5" with a medium frame and sitting at a range of 128 to 131 for the last 4 years. However I am a senior at age 69. I feel comfortable where I am; wouldn't mind dropping a bit more but can't seem to worry about it too much. Lost 50 lbs over a 15 month period. I think I look normal -- not too skinny and not too fluffy considering my age. Work out at the gym 3 days a week and using some weights but can't lift heavy any longer do to a health issue. I guess you have to figure out where you feel the most comfortable and you'll probably know it when you get there.
  • HDBKLM
    HDBKLM Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    bump
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    At 5’1” I’m 135 and at a decent point...way better than where I started anyway! But I’m really hoping I can whittle down another 20 lbs next year (though I’m lifting so we’ll see where my body composition goes as more weight comes off).
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’2. 120-125 feels great to me. Wish I could figure out how to stay there. I got down to 118 two years ago and now I’m at my personal heaviest, 150, just getting started losing again.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’1” and feel I’m at a good comfortable weight at around 135lbs. I’m about 158 currently and would be happy to lose 20 pounds. I have some muscle and a medium frame and I think it’s more realistic than trying to get to a lower weight than that, for me anyway. I will reassess when I get there though as well.
  • burtisfamily7
    burtisfamily7 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Im 5' 2" And 155 lbs. Im 40 with 5 kiddos, I'm actually happy at this weight! Im not focusing on weight anymore, but fit, toned and good mental well being. 155 is too high bmi for me at 28% though, So
    I'm looking to lose/replace fat with muscle to get BMI Lower. Id be happy at 140 ish too. Ive always been fit and around 120 lbs, even after 5 kids, but i got sick and have hashimotos so thats taken a toll trying to figure out health. Im down from 185 lbs, my highest. So you can see 155 is good! ha So its hard to really say a number :/ Im pretty toned already, and a tummy tuck in April def gave my body better shape! So im actually quite content! Just working on healthy strong body vs looking like I did in my 20's.