Trouble maintaining/gaining weight.

I have a pretty packed schedule. Work from 4:45-4 or 5, then head straight to school for class 6-10 pm. Only time I have to eat is 30 min for lunch and dinner after class. Im the type that can’t sit down and eat big square meals, i have to spread it out through the day. But any sort of snack thats somewhat healthy is either really expensive or hard to eat while trying to hammer stakes into the ground. Any suggestions? 5’10, 130 pounds.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Nuts, dried fruit, crackers, protein shakes with full fat dairy
  • H0ckeyplaya55
    H0ckeyplaya55 Posts: 44 Member
    Rice cakes ... PB ... beef jerky ... make your meals in advance and have them ready in the morning ... sounds gross but drinking liquid (pasteurized) egg whites is filling and healthy
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Rice cakes ... PB ... beef jerky ... make your meals in advance and have them ready in the morning ... sounds gross but drinking liquid (pasteurized) egg whites is filling and healthy

Egg whites to bulk? really? :huh:
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member

Egg whites to bulk? really? :huh:

And rice cakes? Hmmm
    I'd go for nuts, dried fruit, bananas, nut butters, protein shakes... I often have to eat this way during the day time and find I can easily reach my calorie goal.
    And, if you can manage to fit in a decent breakfast before you have to leave for work, it helps - something quick like porridge or Granola with full fat milk?
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Ps forgot to mention chocolate! The dark type supposedly "healthier" but also lower in calories. Plus you can't go wrong with a snickers bar!
  • bruceybanner
    bruceybanner Posts: 4 Member
    If dairy is not a problem then try cheese and peanut butter sandwiches.