Gaining weight with fast metabolism

Hello, I am new to this and would like to hear some of your guys advice. I currently weigh 109lbs and have struggled to gain weight my whole life! I’ve been working out for a few weeks now and just want to make sure I’m doing everything right. P.s, my daily calorie intake target is 2,700! Is that possible for such a small person?

Replies

• sophia15991
    sophia15991 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you so much!! So helpful
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    I agree with the above about getting up (and having breakfast) earlier, eating smaller and more frequent meals and drinking your calories in the form of high calorie shakes and smoothies.
    And the links about being a "hard gainer" have really helped me.
    Are you weighing and logging your food accurately? Using an accurate food scale helped me - I realised I had been overestimating the amount I was actually eating. Also logging my exercise and eating back the calories
  • AthenaBosi
    AthenaBosi Posts: 27 Member
    I have the same problem and goals! Good luck with everything :).
  • stjohn1998
    stjohn1998 Posts: 8 Member
    aditya2507 wrote: »
    I had the same struggle all my life. I was 5’6 and 99 lbs 6 months back even though i did force feed myself to the limits with every meal. Still nothing seemed to work

6 month later i am 118 lbs and have an audacious goal to end the year at 132 lbs. (wish me luck😊)

Whats changed-
    1. Get up early - to add few extra hours to my day to eat more and also support the heavy metabolism. I wakeup at 6 am now as agaibst 7:30 earlier.
    2. Have 6 meals a day- I always felt it difficult to eat much at one sitting. I used to have three meals a day with each meal atleast 600 cal. However still it added up to 1800 -2000 cal. Now i have smaller but frequest meals of 450 to 500 cal. Giving me 2600-2800 cals a day easily.
    3. Start recording your cal intake - this made a big difference for me as when i started to record my intake i realised i was adding only 1800 cals a day and thus led to 6 meals a day concept for me.
    4. Add liquid smoothie as post breakfast - any smoothie easily adds 600 cal at minimum. I have them on my way to work and thus saves me a lot of time without any feeling that i had an actual meal. thus a great way to kick start the day.
    5. Weight training - I recently started to hit the gym early morning which increased my appetite and i generally consume 1400+ calories before my lunch time itself.
    6. Have fruits / juices / fibre - generally while bulking we eat a lot of stuff which causes body heat to increase and can lead to digestive issues and skin problems. Juices bring down our body temperature and make way for the next meal. In the journey towards meeting our macro targets, we should definitely not ignore the micros.
    8. Most importantly do what makes you happy - this itself adds a few pounds as when we feel good we are motivated towards our goal.

I am no expert, just sharing my experience.

everyones body reacts to different food differently but what helps is you start recording whats working for you and dont give in to the pressure of quick results.
    (I actually lost some weight in first few weeks of weight training but once my body got used to the routine it reacted immediately. Patience was the key)

Hope my experience helps you in your bulking journey

• stjohn1998
    stjohn1998 Posts: 8 Member
    thank you for this advice..it is exactly what I need to do...been struggling to gain weight for last 2 years...so its a scheduled eating and sleeping habits and meals per day..also drink MASS GAINER WITH 4,000 Calories a day but still at 100 lbs. at 5''6..could use 40 pounds.. also a night person not a day so i would have to switch that...!!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    This was me at 16. 6' and barely 140 lbs. I believed I couldn't gain weight, but started lifting with the football players I tutored and ate loads of protein powder and peanut butter - this was 1988 before I knew about calorie counting, so everything was just guesswork. After 2 years I put on ~40lbs.

There is no fast or slow metabolism - this is industry peddled woo. Your metabolism is nothing more than a series of biochemical pathways with very little variation. What is hidden by behavior is described as metabolism.

Eat at a surplus, but do so gradually and consistently. Weigh out everything especially in the beginning and develop habits and behaviors - discipline - to maintain over time. Give it time. What you're looking for will take years, which will make the goal all the more satisfying.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    It’s very possible and having a fast metabolism makes gaining extremely hard but it can be done,my off season calories peaked at 7300 a day and that’s clean food which means a lot of eating,my advice would be to add another 300 a day and go from there obviously your maintenance calories increase as you gain weight so have to continue to reevaluate and up them as you go

I would love to see what you ate to reach 7300 calories a day brother with clean food. Assuming we eat the same from your pic. also you look awesome man.
  • tarry2009
    tarry2009 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m eating 4000 calories a day that eating junk 😂😂 and a lot of biscuits