Young People Accountabilibuddies (18-25)

Options
Looking for people to motivate and support in the age bracket of 18-25!

As a young person myself (19 turning 20 very soon), I always personally feel that support and motivation from people around my age always helps more - not saying that motivation from older people is bad but sometimes it feels like there’s a bridge in our thinking. It’s slightly more relatable, maybe, going through weight loss with people who might be going through the exact same thing as you in this time, or have just finished it. I promise I’m not trying to be ageist, haha

I want this thread to be for any young person who feels comfortable enough to be able to share their experiences and find others who hopefully we can all add as friends!! Whether you’re starting uni/college, starting your first proper job, have been working since you finished school or whatever your circumstances are, I think making friends and keeping each other accountable will be good for everyone involved!!

Replies

• maiemunches
    maiemunches Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ll start off in case anyone does see this!
    My name’s Maie, I’m 19 (for another week) and my SW is 264 which is 24lbs down already since August! My goal for the end of the year is to try and lose another 20lbs :)

I’m in university (my first year) and I’m finding it hard not to partake in my flat’s many pizza nights or takeaway nights! Feel free to add me :)
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I guess I sorta squeak in under the bar here. I’m 24 & in my masters program & working part time. Been waylaid by a concussion so I’ve stalled in life & my weight. Luckily haven’t gained but my motivation is slightly shot. I started at 205, cw: ~160, gw: 130 (healthy BMI for my height). Been at 160 for a few weeks now, still struggling to get below maintenance on my weekly calories. But I’ve lost ~45lbs and I still have ~30 to go.
  • TimeToChange007
    TimeToChange007 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey, I’m Becca. I’m 22, currently in my fifth and final year in university! My highest weight is 291.3. I’m currently around 285. I have a super long way to go and definitely need to kick up the motivation on my end. Feel free to add me, I’m always looking for more friends to make along the journey :smile:
  • Jonathanak6
    Jonathanak6 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey 22 years old here in college and working part time not so much time for friends other than online friends so I can totally use the moral support for weight loss and I’d love to support all of you too! I love sharing Bible verses and quotes to help keep myself and everyone positive
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m 23 & in the last year of my bachelors program. I started at 227 & am at 214 right now with a GW of around 130. (I’m 5’, so may re evaluate at closer to goal).

Anyone can feel free to add me on here. My diary is open, I eat out, I drink beer, I have lazy days. If a Snapchat group gets made send me a message. I do all kinds of stuff @ the gym and w my dog 😊
  • hannahlschaefer
    hannahlschaefer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m 25, my starting weight was around 260, I’ve just started at it again and I’m currently at 254. Ive been finding it pretty easy to stay motivated so far but helping each other is great!
  • fightinglj
    fightinglj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is LJ and I’m 19. I’m in my second semester of college and I’ve just recently made a serious commitment to my health. My CW is about 196 lbs (I don’t have a digital scale so I make do with an old one that sometimes fluctuates lol) and my GW is 135. I’m looking for active, motivational users to interact with and encourage so feel free to add me!
  • kiela64
    Options
    cannedgoo wrote: »
    Hey! I’m 23 & in the last year of my bachelors program. I started at 227 & am at 214 right now with a GW of around 130. (I’m 5’, so may re evaluate at closer to goal).

Anyone can feel free to add me on here. My diary is open, I eat out, I drink beer, I have lazy days. If a Snapchat group gets made send me a message. I do all kinds of stuff @ the gym and w my dog 😊

Awesome! I’d be interested in a Snapchat group too!
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yeah there was some guy that was super pumped about one but now I don’t see his posts at all so ...??
  • kiela64
    Options
    cannedgoo wrote: »
    Yeah there was some guy that was super pumped about one but now I don’t see his posts at all so ...??

Yeah weird 👀
  • dstep321
    dstep321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I’m 18 on my gap year my starting weight is 236 and I am struggling to get motivated but I am ready to start a healthier life.
  • brittany_sander
    brittany_sander Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Icy_Fox
    Icy_Fox Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey there, am an 18 year old currently in my senior year of high school (gymnasium). While I have lost quite a lot of weight in the past, an injury has made me gain some of it back, so I am starting again (although with much less to lose). Usually don't have much trouble with motivation, but when it becomes difficult, it helps that you have some people for support. Making some new friends doesn't hurt either ;) Feel free to add me