Favourite cheat food?!

Options

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Found some delicious peanut butter cookies with chocolate drizzle from a grocery story bakery. Half an inch thick and fairly soft.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    At the moment its Beef Hor Fun with lashings of chilli oil

Or a massive Bun Bo Hue
  • 23rochelle23
    23rochelle23 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them often, because it's hard to get them reliably gluten free, so it's french fries. I don't consider them a cheat, it's just that it's rarely that I'm in a situation where I can enjoy them. As for making them myself? I've tried, they just don't come out as good at home.

... McDonald’s in most countries has been tested to have reliably gluten free fries (I’m coeliac and have never had an issue with them in nz/Australia/middle east/Asia/uk/Europe) ;)
  • 23rochelle23
    Options
    kinsjvfc7xit.png

These devilish little things. I absolutely have no control over eating them. Sadly/fortunately they’re too expensive in the U.K. for me to be able to get them regularly £10 for 150gm plus postage 😖

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    “Naughty foods”? What are we, toddlers? Assigning morality to food choice doesn’t seem very productive and can be mentally unhealthy for a lot of people. It’s just food. Some are more calorie dense, some are more difficult for some people to moderate... but overall if you can fit the food in the context of an otherwise balanced and nutrient dense diet, how is it “cheating”?

Lol calm down mum. It’s just food

Which was exactly her point. :)

Yes and it’s also mine. Relax and just comment a food you enjoy when you feel like something that’s not on your plan, tell us what you get excited for ;)

Free food because I really don't deprive myself of anything I want to eat. :)

I see your point but I think it's wrong to call any food you give up or don't normally eat when it comes to weight management cheating. My opinion is the only cheating is when you log calories but then don't for whatever food so you're not getting as accurate representation of your calories in as you could be.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Not a food, but I'd have to say wine. Too much wine.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's The Tonight Dough. 1200 calories a pint. I have to work to make that fit into my week/month.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them often, because it's hard to get them reliably gluten free, so it's french fries. I don't consider them a cheat, it's just that it's rarely that I'm in a situation where I can enjoy them. As for making them myself? I've tried, they just don't come out as good at home.

ugh. Yes. I was craving them so badly last night, and it was like... I want the greasy ones, and those aren't the ones I make at home, and I'm not trusting any outside vendor unless they specifically say they're GF.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Pure beautiful sushi. 😋 🍣
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    “Naughty foods”? What are we, toddlers? Assigning morality to food choice doesn’t seem very productive and can be mentally unhealthy for a lot of people. It’s just food. Some are more calorie dense, some are more difficult for some people to moderate... but overall if you can fit the food in the context of an otherwise balanced and nutrient dense diet, how is it “cheating”?

Lol calm down mum. It’s just food

Which was exactly her point. :)

Yes and it’s also mine. Relax and just comment a food you enjoy when you feel like something that’s not on your plan, tell us what you get excited for ;)

My husband is a lifter and his "plan", even when he's cutting, involves ice cream and pizza. ;)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

... McDonald’s in most countries has been tested to have reliably gluten free fries (I’m coeliac and have never had an issue with them in nz/Australia/middle east/Asia/uk/Europe) ;)

They have gluten in the US, most definitely. It's in the beef flavoring they add.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

ugh. Yes. I was craving them so badly last night, and it was like... I want the greasy ones, and those aren't the ones I make at home, and I'm not trusting any outside vendor unless they specifically say they're GF.

I know, at least, that twice a year I can get very, very good fries when we go on vacation. On the boardwalk at Curley Fries! They have dedicated fryers and fresh cut the potatoes. And they are really, really good.
  • 23rochelle23
    Options

They have gluten in the US, most definitely. It's in the beef flavoring they add.

They put BEEF flavouring on McDonald’s chips in the USA?! What the?!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

They put BEEF flavouring on McDonald’s chips in the USA?! What the?!

It's to replace the flavor the fries used to get back in the day when they fried them in beef fat.

I just did some poking around the web. The ingredient list for the McDonald's UK fries is MUCH shorter than the US ingredient list.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    usually a beer. I love food so making room for beer calories can be difficult some days ;) But weekends i'm more able to skip snacks and thus fit in a beer.

A cheat meal would be something like pizza, mac and cheese or fish and chips or eating out. Depends on the craving. Generally hard to fit those in completely into a day's cals but i'll fit in some and splurge on the rest (maybe taking a bit off each day around it - or not!) but these are maybe once a month or so, very seldom.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I am not big on candy or junk. My favorite indulgences are a shrimp taco plate with rice and beans from Rubios or Haagen Daaz ice cream.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    My favorite CHEAT food would have to be Chicken Fried Steak with gravy, fries, followed by a Reeses big cup.

I call it a cheat because the only way to fit that into my calories is to eat nothing else but protien shakes and egg whites for the rest of the day so I'm not going to do it
  • fit_mama30
    fit_mama30 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sushi is my weekly cheat meal 95% of the time (with a glass of wine... or two). But yesterday it was a huge steak + french fries. It was delicious. Or in the summer a ice cream cone with sprinkles is a win.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No cheat meals, but since I try to be mainly raw (raw vegan), I will “cheat” and have airpopped popcorn or soup. Also, since it’s the holidays, I’ll have crustless fruit-sweetened pumpkin pie or pumpkin smoothies. I also drink black coffee once or twice a week.