Struggling

A few years ago I lost about 50 pounds and kept it off until about 6 months ago I gained about 20 of it back and I am having the hardest time loosing it again. I am having the most issues with my diet/ I feel like I have lost all self control. Anyone have some advice to help keep me accountable for what I’m eating and keep motivated?

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Log everything. Even days where you don’t meet your calorie goal or feel out of control, put it into MFP.

And make a plan. This weekend sit down and plan out 30 days of eating right and exercising. It’s a lot easier to lose weight when you have a plan to follow.
  • 2020yesyouwill2020
    2020yesyouwill2020 Posts: 115 Member
    Yes log it all. I was surprised to see some days I eat over 4000 calories. Not often but when I'm stressed I easily his 3000. So log it all. I meal prep on payday. I buy a huge filet of salmon and a pack of chicken, cook way too much rice and pair with veggies. That way I have no excuse to eat out. It works. You will get there. At the very least try to maintain and if you're overly stressed with life realize focusing on losing weight might not be doable until you address the other stress. I gained back all of my weight and could not lose 10lbs for months while I was overly stressed about family and work. Once work cooled down I got back on top of it. Be gentle with yourself
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Curious what worked for you when you lost the 50 pounds before? Are you trying the same strategies this time? If you are tracking, are their patterns that you can see that it would be helpful to address? Would joining a process-oriented challenge be helpful? (I find the "Ultimate Accountability Challenge" helpful ... no focus on specific loss goals but, rather, on tracking daily and meeting self-defined calorie and exercise targets)

You have done this before so you can do it again!