What do you do when you're having a particularly low self esteem day?

Options
I am making quite a bit of progress and other people acknowledge it.. I dont often like to take pictures because I am self-conscious anyways, but i saw myself and just felt like crap. I know I should be patient with myself but today I just hate the way I look. What do the rest of you do when you feel this way?

Replies

• 2020yesyouwill2020
    2020yesyouwill2020 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have my moment and then Pep myself back up. I remind myself that I can be the person I want to become because I deserve it. If you feel like rushing, force yourself to slow down. Sometimes I find a good spot to sit against the wall in my home, away from everyone, just for a few minutes. Life gets us into a rush mentality, but you can't rush yourself into good self esteem. The low days become less and less.
  • AndThenIWoreIt
    AndThenIWoreIt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go to YouTube and search “Meditation for self-esteem,” then I pick one and listen to it with headphones and my eyes closed.
  • josh_b003
    josh_b003 Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is looking at a before and after photo. At my heaviest i weighed 301 lbs. I am now down to 240 lbs. I still look in the mirror daily and nitpick the way i look. It is only when I look at the before and after I realize how much weight I have lost and how much muscle I have put on.
    Edit:
    Just an FYI: I absolutely hate taking pictures of myself. I just keep them in a hidden folder on my iphone so no one comes across them!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I focus on my progress and all the things I can do. Today I was having a low self esteem morning when the scale was up 2.5 lbs. It helped to talk with my dh about my feelings today. He finished our talk by telling me how sexy my freckles on my arm are. It was a silly compliment but made me smile. I guess it kind of reminded me that there is a lot more to me than my weight.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    RealWorldStrengthLLC Posts: 552 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I take a weekly picture in the mirror, so I can look at the old ones. I also look back at my workout log and compare it to the most recent to see how much more I'm lifting than when I started. Another good one is to put on an old pair of pants - or to pick up a dumbell equivalent to what you've lost so far.

When all else fails I use that self loathing as fuel for a good workout.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    you have to relect on how far you've come..how much you have learned. How you really can't "unelearn it all". ..and that means... in time ... you'll have this beat. It never happens fast enough..but it DOES happen.
    It is hard.. it takes work...and it will make your stronger.

Losing weight and getting in shape ... is something most people can't do. .. But you are... and that's pretty cool.
  • DoloBella
    DoloBella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to feel that moment, and then remind myself of who tf I am! *Hugs* Sometimes you gotta go through it, to get through it! Hope you feel better..