Not seeing any changes in clothes size

Sugars7077
Sugars7077 Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2018 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone.

Iam 5"3 the scale says I've lost 31 pounds since August of this year. I dont work out I just watch how much I eat. I track it all. My question is I really dont c a change in my clothes pants especially . Iam a plus size girl .. I was over 265
Would love to get under the 200 mark.

Thanks!!!

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    My experience is that I needed to lose more weight to change sizes when I was larger vs as I've moved into smaller sizes. Also, I was squeezed into the size I started at because I refused to go to (seems to be a breaking point for a lot of us :lol: ) so it took a while to go down a size initially.

Incidentally, my clothes from 2012 are easily a number size larger than new clothes I buy today due to vanity sizing.
  • Sugars7077
    Sugars7077 Posts: 5 Member
    Okay that makes sense I no iam not going stop until I reach my goal. It's been extremely hard but I got this :) thanks for you're advise. I appreciate it.
  • pinuplove
    edited October 2018
    You're doing great! Sometimes it seems like overnight my clothes go from fitting fine to bag lady. You'll get there soon.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    For me, I had to lose quite a lot in the beginning to notice the difference in sizing, but that was because I was stuffed in my pants like sausage casing, because I refused to buy the next size up. Then one day, I realized I could breath a little better in my tighter pants. It was a glorious day.

Stay persistent, you'll get there.
  • pinuplove
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    For me, I had to lose quite a lot in the beginning to notice the difference in sizing, but that was because I was stuffed in my pants like sausage casing, because I refused to buy the next size up. Then one day, I realized I could breath a little better in my tighter pants. It was a glorious day.

Ha! That's exactly where I was in the beginning. I probably had to lose twice as much for the first size as those that followed.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited October 2018
    pinuplove wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Ha! That's exactly where I was in the beginning. I probably had to lose twice as much for the first size as those that followed.

I'm sure if I had gone shopping for new clothes, I would have had to buy at least 2 sizes up just to be comfortable. I'm sure I didn't think I deserved comfort and stuffing myself into the too small for me clothes helped me stay in denial. What a messed up emotional state I was in (it's so obvious looking back on it now). :frowning:
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    I am another with a lot of weight to lose. Like others, I had to lose 25-30 lb. at the beginning to go down a size. I DID notice things like my pants getting looser and I was not spilling over the top of my bra like I had before.

It can be frustrating but at the beginning, trust the scale and not your clothing. If the scale is moving, you ARE losing. Later when you get closer to goal, it will switch to where there will be times when your clothing fits better even though the scale does not move for a week or two. Just keep on going.