The story of my life

Options
SwitzEngine
SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
My story begins in September 1989 with a Big Bang. I got hit by a car while I was on holiday in France.
Apart from other injuries my had was broken and my left leg was crunched. I was 4 weeks in a comma in a French hospital before the Swiss emergency crew could get me back in a jet. Back in Switzerland I did slowly wake up. There I was, no memory, couldn’t talk, walk, eat, remember, … And I was only 18 years old at the time. Is this my destiny? No, for sure not. This was the start for my 2nd live.

I was one year in all different hospitals in Switzerland and had lots of operations to my head, eye, neck, leg …But I learned slowly to speak again. I started with mmaammaa and laallaa, but it worked. I was in a wheelchair for 6 months, then on “sticks” for 8 months until I could walk again. For my memory I went to a children hospital because they had an internal school. All the staff was still in my head but I had to unlock it. During this time I started smoking  But I quit again in 2006 from one day to another. Never smoked since.

One year after my accident, still in medical care, I started my bachelor degree in business. During my studies I had to go a lot to the hospital. But after all I did it in three years. My health was good and I had a diploma.

Now 24 years later I can look back and I am proud of what I’ve done. Today I am a Unix engineer in banks and I am fit.
I wrote this as an inspiration for other who struggle in life. When you fall, get up again and again and again. Every change is a long process and needs determination. Set a goal you can reach. Once you’ve done it, set your next goal. This process should never end and makes life exciting. Nothing is better the reaching a goal. It makes you proud. Am I proud? Hell yes, I accomplished a lot !

Sorry about the spelling errors but nobody is perfect!!!

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You are amazing my friend! ~stands and claps~ AMAZING! I am so glad you are ok and used this situation to be a stronger person! :) I am honored we are friends!
  • Cori_Mac
    Cori_Mac Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm so very proud of you. Determination shines through in your story.
  • SwitzEngine
    Options
    Thanks
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    When you fall, get up again and again and again. Every change is a long process and needs determination.

EXACTLY! =D
  • barefoot_shuffler
    Options
    "When you fall, get up again and again and again"

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
    So glad you are doing well and have been made stronger from your tragedy. So many other directions you could have easily gone, but chose the hard, yet rewarding, road.
    Best of luck to you!!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I'm so sorry that happened to you, what a hell of an experience!!! I'm glad you got back to it though, and recovered well!!! You are an amazing human being!!! :)
  • RN514
    RN514 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I'm sorry that you had to go through that, but I'm so proud of you for making it through to where you are now! :)
  • Motivatedin20131969
    Motivatedin20131969 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You are a true fighter! Amazing story! You definitely inspired me. Thank you for sharing.
  • SwitzEngine
    Options
    Thanks for all the nice comment
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    You're remarkable, my friend. Makes me appreciate you all the more, my fellow '71. So proud to have you as a friend. Thanks for sharing your story. It's truly inspiring. :heart:
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Incredible story my friend. Thanks so much for sharing it.
  • Noiram55
    Noiram55 Posts: 43
    Options
    Amazing accomplishment. Your achievement really incredibe. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation this morning.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!