Which gym is ur fav gym to go to

Replies

• Thechristopherallen
    Options
    I go to planet fitness but i will say i like la fitness ir lifetime
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I like my gym - it's not a chain. For one price, I can take unlimited classes including Jiu Jitsu, boxing, MMA, bootcamp, cycling, yoga, and cardio kickboxing plus use the weights and equipment. Everyone is supportive and motivating there. There are people at all stages of fitness and all are welcomed equally. Evolution Athletix, Saco Maine. It's truly an amazing place.
  • inherentst0rm
    inherentst0rm Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I wish I had options honestly, I have planet fitness and that's really it within about 30-45 minutes.

That gym sounds amazingthough!

I like my gym - it's not a chain. For one price, I can take unlimited classes including Jiu Jitsu, boxing, MMA, bootcamp, cycling, yoga, and cardio kickboxing plus use the weights and equipment. Everyone is supportive and motivating there. There are people at all stages of fitness and all are welcomed equally. Evolution Athletix, Saco Maine. It's truly an amazing place.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The one that's in my spare room!
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Any gym that has lots of free weights and squat racks and doesn't frown on you for lifting heavy.
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Local gym (Umberger Performance, Robinson PA), training center for athletes (high school, college and professional), a "team" of power lifters (including me), and numerous specialty classes for general fitness. Everyone helps everyone else, no hurt feelings allowed so honesty prevails. It's how we all improve. I also belong to LA Fitness for some cardio. No comparison. Best gym is the one you enjoy going to.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I go to planet fitness but i will say i like la fitness ir lifetime

Planet Fitness meets my needs also. Hard to argue with the price - $10 a month plus the $40 annual fee comes out to an actual average monthly price of a little over $13. I go at 6 AM and there are a fair number of people there but there are always open machines. Sometimes I might have to wait a couple of minutes for an open shower. I do cardio, some circuit training (but I set the weight like I am strength training when I do a circuit), a few specific machines for strength training and always finish up with that rope on the resistance pulley (that thing will wear you out completely).
  • PositiveChange2013
    PositiveChange2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a member at Planet Fitness. It met my needs when I first started out. Now, I'd like to progress to more free weights which is something my PF lacks.
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I go to eos and for 20 a month I get unlimited classes and plenty of machines.
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I go to the university gym. not flashy or new but has all the stuff one needs, including 4 squat racks and 3 deadlifting platforms - which is way more than all of the commercial gyms i've ever been to! Plus, I get staff discount so cheap as chips :)
  • ImSoSquishy
    ImSoSquishy Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    a powerlifting gym :D
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    A powerlifting equipped gym. They usually run $20 a month across the states and have the best equipment. So cheap and appropriate for most training.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Y
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I just joined PF. It suits me just fine.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    The Y.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I have a total gym (knock off) for muscular stuff, and mother nature for running/power walking.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Just joined Vasa and love it. Huge gym, tons of free weights, movie aerobics, pool and jacuzzi. Can't be beat.
  • RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    Any gym that lets me squat/deadlift no shoes, has a tractor tire, a sledgehammer, some battle ropes, a squat rack, and dumbbells that go to 100 minimum.