In praise of DietBet

Options
I just completed a 6month ‘transformer’ DietBet and I made it to my target weight. It was valuable to me simply because I had a ‘valid excuse’ to not drink alcohol or have another slice of cake etc when offered by others. In my experience, people are good at piling on the peer pressure to consume more, and just saying no thanks sometimes doesn’t cut it. It’s amazing how “I’m on to win a slice of $25,000 prize money” makes people drop their nagging!!!!!

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of the shorter ones in the past. It's a fun compliment to MFP!
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I’ve done it before, too. Thought it was a really fun motivator!
  • palmuphandopen
    palmuphandopen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've done 3 this year! Just the short ones, I have never felt confident with the longer term games - I lost my last diet bet and was starting to have some real anxiety around doing another so I've put it on the shelf for now. It's a great motivating tool though!!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I have done 2 shorter ones and I am currently in one of BOTH types.
  • RredSonja
    RredSonja Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Never heard of this - sounds interesting!
  • kwitherspoon19
    kwitherspoon19 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Diet Bet! I made close to a 500 dollars in winnings last year. This year I haven't had as much luck, but I can only blame myself for that. I'm in one currently with a $17,000 pot.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Love dietbet! I always wanted to try one and never did, but this last March I joined a month long one with my family. Only 2 of us won out of the 8 or so people that played. I played again with half that group who wanted to redeem themselves from that loss, and ended up being the only winner.

No one else wanted to play with me again so I'm in a 6 month transformer now. Ends Dec 26th! I figured it was perfect for staying on track around the holidays. It's helped a lot, but I've also slipped quite a few times in the last 4 months. 1-2 pounds away from my goal weight for the whole challenge now. Our round 6 pot is somewhere around $34,000 with 494 people left in the game. About 100 have dropped out since the beginning.

So far I've won $121 this year, not including my bet money back.
  • sweetn9705
    sweetn9705 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 1st Kickstarter. I found it very helpful and motivating.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!