Loose a little, then I gain a lot!

Options
2»

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    No need to buy prepackaged foods! Get a food scale with a tare function, set your pan directly on the scale, and measure as you cook. Use the recipe builder and divide by number of servings. It hardly adds any time to your cooking once you get the hang of it.

Prepackaged foods tend to be high in sodium, which causes water retention, which would explain the weight fluctuations you're seeing.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    The biggest issue I've seen is with the title of this thread.

Over time you're weight is trending down by 1lb per week (a perfectly healthy rate of loss) so a more appropriate title would be Lose a lot, then I gain a little. Which as I'm sure your aware is completely normal given that weight fluctuations are natural.

In essence you're losing weight. What you're doing is working. Enjoy the success you're having.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuations, although irritating, are completely normal and to be expected.

http://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations/
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! It took a while for things to come together when I started working on this at the beginning of the year. Keep learning, keep making better choices, stick with the weighing and measuring.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Use grams. I just started and learned the measures on 2 of my favorite snacks have almost double the grams. And maybe cut back on eating the exercise calories if you want to speed it up. 1% total weight loss per week is the max healthy rate so that's about 200 cal less per day for you. The counter argument is: what is your hurry? As long as you are moving in the right direction you will get there. By going slower you'll eat a little more and relax a bit. Easing into maintenance instead of an abrupt change is a good plan