Motorcycles

Options
RealWorldStrengthLLC
RealWorldStrengthLLC Posts: 552 Member
edited October 2018 in Chit-Chat
What are some of your favorite motorcycles? What are your dream bikes? What do you currently own? All types of bikes welcome...

For dirtbike, I own a '06 Honda CRF40R - though my dream dirtbike is a KTM 350 EXC-F.

Street bikes, I don't own one, but I am very partial to naked bikes, especially the Ducati Monster.

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    This is the absolute and embarrassing truth.

This is the last motorcycle that I rode:

9beb9a17c055cd18169a1d3c586f0f7e.jpg

okay, that's a lie.

I didn't ride it. It rode me, that is, until I crashed it into my cousin's garage.

And when I say crash... it was like confusing the throttle for the brake (the garage won that day.)

I learned pretty quick that motorcycles and I don't belong together in any way imaginable.

• RealWorldStrengthLLC
    Options
    That's no reason to be embarrassed! I crashed my first dirtbike into the side of a van at 3 years old about 8 seconds after I got on it. Didn't get on another one til I was 18...since then, I've probably been down a good 75+ times...and had a few concussions along the way

• Motorsheen
    Options
    That's no reason to be embarrassed! I crashed my first dirtbike into the side of a van at 3 years old about 8 seconds after I got on it. Didn't get on another one til I was 18...since then, I've probably been down a good 75+ times...and had a few concussions along the way

gotcha.

I traded the Honda motorcylce for a bicycle, a BB Gun & Jimi Hendrix album..... it worked out in the end.
  • millionsofpeaches1
    millionsofpeaches1 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    k3yl6gkchngs.jpeg
    This is my first and current motorcycle.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,471 Member
    Options
    I've got a Honda VFR800
  • eccentricplaza
    eccentricplaza Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I ride a Yamaha TW200. So much fun on the trails here! But I would love to have a CBR500R as my next bike. Maybe something more, but that would be my minimum and I like the way it feels.
  • keeshar26
    keeshar26 Posts: 2 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    This is my current bike.
    2014 Honda CBR500R
    avjfc9megd2t.jpg
  • 73CL350
    73CL350 Posts: 259 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    My bike is a junkyard themed CL350 ... very heavily modified ... basically entirely hand built. And all by me.
    0gbg9t6vth8q.jpg

7tou2i1zye59.jpg

84bpo0o9sxd2.jpg
  • 73CL350
    Options
    If i hit my goal by April first I am buying an MT07
  • 73CL350
    Options

I crashed my first bike ... and it caught fire and melted in front of me. Heart breaking stuff. Total loss.
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    r5531sml77sr.jpg
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Mine is with the nice battle scar on the front. 1998 FatBoy. It is my first bike, my current bike and my dream bike! The only thing now is I would like a windshield and some saddlebags sometimes.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't get past the lack of practicality at this point in my life. Maybe some day.

This is the sort of thing I like though... a little understated, a little less-is-more.
    scout-bobber-thunder-black-smoke.jpg
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    My FZ-07. But now I’ve got the itch to explore adventure bikes. That’s the one thing I didn’t realize before I started riding...there are just sooo many styles of bikes and I really love learning about what each has to offer and it makes me want them all!
    vmkq47f1nex3.jpeg
  • cdlee4
    cdlee4 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    k3yl6gkchngs.jpeg
    This is my first and current motorcycle.

Dang! Go big or go home! Nice Bike :smiley:
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    r5531sml77sr.jpg

<3 I had my eye on a a 2014 softail deluxe (purple...sa-weeet!) but, my first/only was my uncles 1997 sportster 1200...I miss that baby!
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I can't get past the lack of practicality at this point in my life. Maybe some day.

This is the sort of thing I like though... a little understated, a little less-is-more.

If I were to ride a bike ( and it's still a very bad idea), that's what I would ride.

It would be cool just to park one in the corner of the living room as a conversations piece..... said my wife, never.
  • Nicksmom106
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »

If I were to ride a bike ( and it's still a very bad idea), that's what I would ride.

It would be cool just to park one in the corner of the living room as a conversations piece..... said my wife, never.

hahahahahahahaha! nice one!
  • Nicksmom106
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    2012 Yamaha Siverado. 103 Cu. inch V-Twin

Been riding since 1968. Had many bikes. This will probably be my last.

jlsb3bqf7uhf.png

thats class....bad *kitten*....and comfort all rolled into one! B)