Marmite! Are you loving it - Or hating it?

Options
Have to admit I'm loving the new Marmite advert & whilst I haven't eaten it in a while. I do "Love it!" - Found an article on it apparently being a superfood too???

So come on folks. Marmite - Are you loving it - Or hating it? :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHjssdNNzP0

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/9504293/Marmite-the-latest-superfood.html

Replies

• Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Love it :-) on meat, toast and eggs!!
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Love it too!

Drizzled on cheese on toast, on plain toast with glass of milk; oh and on cashew nuts mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    :love: :love:
  • JustMeee333
    Options
    Hate it.

There have been 250+ complaints about that advert, as it said it mimicked child and animal abuse.

Daftest thing I've ever heard, personally I just thought it was funny.
  • AZ_Danny
    AZ_Danny Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've never had it. There is a store in my part of the US called Fresh & Easy and it's owned by Tesco (or was owned, I think they very recently sold it or are looking for buyer) so a few British foods make it onto the shelves. I've always been intrigued by Marmite but I have't QUITE gotten the courage to try it. Not because I'm afraid of how it will taste, but because at almost $6 for a tiny jar of the stuff I'm afraid I'll waste money on my already very tight food budget.
  • joolsweb
    joolsweb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    it is pricey, even here in the uk - but love it! (fave is now toasted roll, low low cheese, squeeze of Marmite and poached egg - yummers
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    LOVE it. and a tiny jar will last for ages as you need so little at a time.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Hate it! My boyfriend has it on his toast with Philadelphia cheese every morning. :sick:

He also eats twiglets, they remind me of marmite.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Love it :-) on meat, toast and eggs!!

webmemes.org(notbad)
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Don't like Marmite, but really 250 people complained about that ad? Time they got a life!
  • olphvarox
    Options
    I don't like marmite. I don't like vegemite either.
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    New Zealand marmite, yes I eat it on a spoon.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Vegemite all the way! I've tried Marmite and it's just an imposter ;)
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love Marmite! I did an international food swap on a forum once. I sent her Marmite and Twiglets (along with other British things!). She said it wasn't as bad as she thought and could grow to like it, but could understand why I'd advised her to only spread a tiny bit on toast.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I've seen it on the store shelf but haven't tried it. What exactly is it?
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I was tricked into eating it one time. Gross. Maybe if I had been able to properly prepare myself, but I thought it was jam. So I hate it simply for that memory. Maybe one day I'll forget that memory and be able to try it again.
  • AZ_Danny
    AZ_Danny Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've seen it on the store shelf but haven't tried it. What exactly is it?

it's a spread made from yeast extract.

Also, just watched this commercial that everybody was talking about... and I found it funny. People need to lighten up, I think
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    love it. mmm buttery marmite toast!

DH hates it. but will eat twiglets, which are essentially coated in marmite.
  • slimyouth
    slimyouth Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Absolutly love it, with laughing cow light cheese triangles on toast. My lad thinks it tastes like earwax!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen the advert, but I love marmite! I have it as a snack on rice cakes sometimes.

I lived in France for a year as part of my degree, and I used to buy it there from the little British selection in the supermarket. That and salad cream. It was expensive though.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    Ah! The dreaded Marmite! What memories!
    Being from northern france, the yearly trip to Devon with my english class to stay with a host family would always bring about the same anxiety... will my host family make me eat Marmite this year? Will i be able to stomach it this time around?

Personaly, i never could. Minty peas and sheperd's pie, why not, but Marmite, never! :laugh: