What Do You Criticize In Others That You Secretly Know You Indulge In Yourself?

Options
newmeadow
newmeadow Posts: 1,295 Member
I rage inwardly when people make smacking and gulping noises when they eat and drink. But when I'm home alone and noodles and Pepsi are on the table, I do it myself. A little.

Replies

• newmeadow
    Options
    I look down on unironed work uniforms but when I'm running late... you know.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    In some cultures it's considered polite to slurp and shows your appreciation for the food.
  • newmeadow
    Options
    I criticize clicques and clicquishness but delight in watching clique dynamics play out. Then some rabble rouser shows up to satirize the whole thing and I glow with bitter joy.
  • newmeadow
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    In some cultures it's considered polite to slurp and shows your appreciation for the food.

Not in my culture.
  • cee134
    Options
    I look down on the proletariat even though I'm a wage-earner in an economic society whose only possession of significant material value is my labor-power.
  • newmeadow
    Options
    I look down on the proletariat even though I'm a wage-earner in an economic society whose only possession of significant material value is my labor-power.

That's quite eloquently phrased.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I criticize gluttony
    ...but I can and sometimes do easily eat a family sized bag of chips or a box of crackers all in one sitting
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I judge people who use cheap hair shampoo/products

But I bought this stuff bought at target and it works fing fantastic owell
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Lateness, especially at work. I seethe when my coworkers are late, even 5 minutes, but lately I'm often 5 minutes late myself
  • newmeadow
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Lateness, especially at work. I seethe when my coworkers are late, even 5 minutes, but lately I'm often 5 minutes late myself

I was totally guilty of this a few years ago. I got into a little 5 minutes late habit and breaking it was harder than I thought.
  • newmeadow
    Options
    go_cubs wrote: »
    I judge people who use cheap hair shampoo/products

But I bought this stuff bought at target and it works fing fantastic owell

Yeah I was once a Pantene snob until my hairdresser schooled me

• Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I judge people by how messy their houses are.

But I currently have like 3 loads of unfolded laundry sitting on my loveseat.
  • cee134
    Options
    I judge people by how messy their houses are.

But I currently have like 3 loads of unfolded laundry sitting on my loveseat.

Dont feel bad, I’ve not even taken mine out of my dryer for days. However I have been down there several times to grab clean socks out of it. And how convenient that the washer be right there for me to just dump my dirty ones in. It doesn’t get much lazier than that.

bhwndq0ibb9q.jpg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I rage inwardly when people make smacking and gulping noises when they eat and drink. But when I'm home alone and noodles and Pepsi are on the table, I do it myself. A little.

a little?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

Time for a Revolution ?

(one without pants)
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I criticize people who can't conduct a two-sided conversation without it being all about them. I also start an awful lot of sentences with 'I'.
  • newmeadow
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    newmeadow wrote: »

a little?

Be nice Sheeny