Please help me work out my deficit

Options
Hi there.
I'm 46yo F
210 pounds
5ft2

Can you help me work out my deficit? At what calories would I maintain?

Thanking you :-)

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Hi there.
    I'm 46yo F
    210 pounds
    5ft2

Can you help me work out my deficit? At what calories would I maintain?

Thanking you :-)

put your stats into MFP and it will tell you what you need calorie wise to gain,lose or maintain. now the deficit wont include exercise just your normal daily activity without exercise which means when you work out you will get more calories to eat. you want to eat at least part of those back(some can eat all and still lose weight).
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Enter those stats in your profile and chose "maintain current weight"- that will be your maintenance calories. If you set it at "lose 1 lb/week", that will be a 500 calorie/day deficit. The deficit will be built in to your MFP calorie allowance based on the weight loss rate you choose.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    What did the program give you when you entered this data? I would start there for 4-6 weeks and see what happens with your weight and then adjust up or down as needed. Your real life data will be more accurate than any of the calculators.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Just sharing this because it explains how MFP is set up and how it figures your calorie allowance:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. With your advice I have set my perfect deficit. Thank you all very much :):)