Gain weight without gaining belly fat?

Options
Hi. Am trying to gain weight and have a round butt. My butt is becoming big but am also gaining belly fat. What should I do to gain that weight only in my butt but not in my belly. I like my flat stomach and I don't want it to become big. Any tips?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you can t chose where you gain fat just like you cant choose where you lose it.

which lifting programme are you following?
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @TavistockToad Am doing squats, lunges, glute bridges and Hip thrust. What should I do? I really want to gain weight, stop eating much and just do butt exercises?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    @TavistockToad Am doing squats, lunges, glute bridges and Hip thrust. What should I do? I really want to gain weight, stop eating much and just do butt exercises?

you would be better off following an actual programme:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It is normal to gain fat during a bulk, and unfortunately fat will go where it goes. However, you can reduce the amount of fat gained by: keeping your surplus smaller (for a female that will be 0.5lb per week or less), making sure your programming is adequate (see link above), also starting off lean for better muscle to fat gain, and taking mini-cuts as necessary (especially with longer bulks)