Greatest Physical Success

Options
Carneyje3
Carneyje3 Posts: 48 Member
What is the physical achievement you are most proud of? It could have been from before your fitness journey that now acts as a goal, it could be a modest step you are most proud of.

Mine would be any number of moments on my cycling trip. I spent two months cycling from Vancouver to San Diego about three years back. I trained leading up to the trip, but I'd never done a fully packed ride and never gone further than 35 miles. At the beginning of the trip I was weighing 210lb (not far from my current weight) and truthfully after a week I was worried if I was even capable of the trip. Fast forward to a month or so later, down to 190 lb, biking 60-70 mile days with 100lb of gear. The feeling of hitting the top of a 5 mile hill, conquering Big Sur, or hitting a new mile record keeps me motivated now! I know that I've been at a high level of fitness, I just need to put in the work now.

Replies

• Carneyje3
    Carneyje3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm loving all these responses! We've got a bunch of impressive stuff here.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    @daveredvette Congratulations! Chattanooga?
  • daveredvette
    daveredvette Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    My 1st Half Ironman was a big confidence builder. It's always the first of something for me that's most memorable. 1st century ride, 1st 5k swim. Proof that it's a mental game for me. Now, as I ramp back up after a year of much less due to an injury, they still motivate me because I know I can.
    Mental game for all of us. the mind is a powerful thing. Our body will physically adjust to what we are trying to accomplish.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!