What do I have to do for fat loss?

I am 5’6 and 140 pounds at 22 years old. I like to run , and I am training to run an 18 min 5K. It’s my hope to reduce body fat in order to improve my running times. One coach suggested that I eat 2000 calories ( 40% carbs , 30% protein , and 30% fat ) while doing 3 strength training routines during the week , and running a total of 46 km per week with hill repeats and speed internals at times

Replies

• picheakasha262
    picheakasha262 Posts: 10 Member
    Here is a photo for a better visual
  • picheakasha262
    As a high intensity athlete , I find that cutting carbs impacts my running negatively
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I am 5’6 and 140 pounds at 22 years old. I like to run , and I am training to run an 18 min 5K. It’s my hope to reduce body fat in order to improve my running times. One coach suggested that I eat 2000 calories ( 40% carbs , 30% protein , and 30% fat ) while doing 3 strength training routines during the week , and running a total of 46 km per week with hill repeats and speed internals at times

And you don't agree with your coach, or?
  • picheakasha262

I am unsure, and am looking for a second opinion
  • TavistockToad

What does MFP give you to lose 0.5lb per week?
  • picheakasha262

1500 , that’s with no activity
  • TavistockToad

1500 , that’s with no activity

So netting that will probably give you close to what your coach has suggested.

As for macros I don't really know the logic behind the 40/30/30. Adequate protein is less than 30% of 2000 cals I would have thought
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    I'd swap your carbs for proteins ratio...you'll build muscle faster and thus burn more fat at rest...you may not weigh any less but your body fat ratio will be less...
    ^ Worst, most misguided advice in the entire thread. Ignore it.

Here's a useful, evidence-based guide for setting up your calories and macros: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1