Sweat drying out face?

Options
Has anyone else had this happen? I’ve always had very oily skin but after getting in more regular exercise for 2 months my skin is so dried out! I picked up some moisturizer at the store so hopefully that will help.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Have you upped your fluid intake? That may help.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options

I have. I’m drinking 60-80oz of water a day
  • Bentforkx
    Bentforkx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming there is no history of eczema....
    The sodium in your perspiration can dry out your skin, wash it off as quickly as possible after your workout....
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Are you letting the sweat dry on your skin? That could be the culprit. I suggest you rinse you face with water after your workouts.

ETA: D'oh! Didn't realize the poster above me said basically the same thing...
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It happens to me after long runs in the winter. As I cool down on the walk on the way back.

I use a decent spf moisturiser by a brand called beauty kitchen straight after I get home and washed.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options

And is fat intake adequate? That, too, can make a difference to skin. (I shoot for 0.35-0.45g fat per pound of healthy goal weight daily.)

Obviously, at some level, nutrition in general matters, but hydration and fats IME particularly so.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Did it start recently? Forced air heating in use where you are?
  • SpyLuna
    SpyLuna Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    since i started working out heavily a couple weeks ago I noticed that I am drying out around my nose. I'm actually washing my face more now due to the sweat so I deemed that the culprit- despite applying argan oil every time. I use to have oily skin but found out that my skin was overcompensating for being too dry! so adding oil to my skin cut down on the oil created by my face throughout the day and makes it more balanced.
  • OldAssDude
    OldAssDude Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Are you washing your face too much or taking too many hot showers?

The biggest cause of dry skin is too hot of water and/or too much washing.