Berry free melon free citrus free smoothie recipes?

Options
mtdb8
mtdb8 Posts: 65 Member
So I'm not a vegitable fan but I'm trying to eat more via smoothie.

I have go to one made of bananas cherries, almonds, spinach-kale and cinnamon, and the truth is I'm getting pretty sick of it.

The problem is I cant find any other recipes that taste good because they all have either berries, melons, or citrus and I cant eat any of those. I'm allergic.

So what are some good healthy good tasting recipies I can use without those?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    add peanut butter
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Google apple smoothie recipes. Apple, bananas with almond milk plus some other odds and ends is great.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Instead of the cinnamon you could use cocoa powder, Ovaltine, or protein powder in vanilla or any of the other flavors. I like Quest protein powder. There's also a protein-rich flavoring called Oh My Spice that comes in flavors like Birthday Cake and Apple Pie.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Avocado, peaches, leafy green, and dairy or non-dairy liquid of your choice.

Roasted beets, pears, leafy greens, and dairy or non-dairy liquid of your choice.

Avocado, chai tea, greens. apples or apple sauce.

Avocado, mint tea, apples, peas, maybe some micro greens.

If you need additional flavorings and you're tired of cinnamon, alternatives include cocoa, ginger, cayenne. vanilla and other extracts, peanut and other nut butters, defatted peanut powder (e.g., PB2), coffee in place of milk or other dairy/non-dairy.

I prefer using frozen fruit, avocado, or beets to get a cold smoothie without adding ice.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I got a hazelnut sugar free syrup (like the torani syrups the baristas use). I add this to my shake if I get bored.

If you see a recipe you like just sub a fruit you can eat. Experiment.