356 + DAYS BEFORE & AFTER 48+ lbs BYE BYE! Helloooo bikini!

Options
My story in a nutshell! I began binge eating 3 years ago with the still birth of my first daughter. Depression and solitude drove me to eat, eat, and eat! I was destroying myself bit by bit. Doctors warned me time and time again about my risk of developing diabetes. At 171 lbs. only 5FT 1in. tall and very depressed my very loving husband & amazing family pushed me into walking rather than eating myself to tears. I began to lose the weight slowly & steadily. However a year after losing my daughter I found myself pregnant again with my son. I gained every little bit of weight I worked so hard to take off. I am proud to say that with my sons arrival came a new woman, a stronger woman! As soon as I was in the clear to work out I began to walk & eat better. From walking to jogging then to running. I lost all of my weight at home as a student and a new mom! I recently joined a gym to continue my journey and continue living this healthy new life! ....

***I also set out to wear my first time ever two piece bathing suit ...and I did...at the beach!!

BEFORE:

25E25D89-5C01-4362-9E59-194A9CCEA5B8-14989-0000072B8C5AF5E9_zpscf46bae8.jpg

78FA8B50-C3D1-4753-971F-A20A77753310-14989-0000072C0750B2CD_zpsf5465d93.jpg

AFTER:

489E25F9-38B4-4DFD-8FBA-9EAD956AE3CA-14989-0000072B933F2C9C_zpsc0ef40f0.jpg

28972D85-812B-4D48-9F05-8F290A66AE72-14989-0000072B85D24045_zpsad81a190.jpg

Replies

• futurestarz
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter, but it is great to hear the changes you have made since having your son. Truly inspirational.
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    Way to go, very nice! You look great and congrats on the little one.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look amazing
  • Hoponopono
    Hoponopono Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your beautiful son AND on your success...you look fabulous! :happy:
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!!!
  • cashcash12
    cashcash12 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job :-)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    you look amazing...we all can learn something from your story...
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    great job
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you had to go through the loss of your first child. I'm sure that was very painful for you. You have a gorgeous little boy and you look adorable! congratulations and the bikini looks fabulous :heart:
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the touching story. That's quite possibly the greatest loss a person can have so I understand the grief. That's so cool that you now have a son and your body and health back. Did this pretty much cure all your symptoms of diabetes? You look so amazing and happy now. Congratulations and all the time and effort you spent has paid off for sure.
  • YanilAlam
    Options
    My last recent blood work came back completely normal! No diabetes here! :D
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. That's tragic. But you turned your life around and look at you now...amazing!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    My last recent blood work came back completely normal! No diabetes here! :D

Yeah, that's a major victory right there. My dad finally did something to lose his weight and it fixed his too. Not only is he slimmer but he doesn't need the $300 a month of prescription medicine anymore.
  • YanilAlam
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing!!! Congratulations to him!
  • YanilAlam
    Options
    Thank you everyone! This site helped me so much I wanted to become an inspiration to others the way so many inspired me!
  • YanilAlam
    Options
    Thank you! He really is my high light! :)
  • smcneely121
    smcneely121 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow. What an amazing transformation! These success stories are the only way I can keep motivated. Your "after" pictures are exactly what I am aiming for. I have never been that thin in my life. I was always just a little bit chunky, but now I am about 40 pounds overweight. I am starting my journey to new, healthier me. I hope one day I can step out in a bikini. I have never worn one in my life because as long as I can remember I have been too self conscious, even when I was only a little bit over weight. Keep strong. You look beautiful!
  • YanilAlam
    Options
    You can do it! Soon it'll be you posting a before & after ! ;)
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for your huge accomplishment! You look gorgeous! You're a very strong woman!
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! Thanks So much for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!