Diet change or something else?

Options
Its_Haleeyyy
Its_Haleeyyy Posts: 39 Member
edited November 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone,
I started back on here about three weeks ago. About a week and a half(ish) ago I noticed that almost every day I'm getting stomach aches. It feels like the stomach aches you get with a hangover (upset, tense stomach). Im not sure if it's just the diet change or if I should check with my doctor to see if it's something else.

Some background:
I started about three weeks ago at 195.7 pounds. I've always been overweight but recently found out I have high cholesterol and high liver enzymes. I went to the doctor about a week and a half ago to get my enzymes checked again and they have went down some with the diet change and exercise but are still high. I'm also down about 8 pounds so far.

Before starting I was eating out/fast food and drinking almost every day and eating probably 2500+ calories a day.

I now am eating 1200 calories a day and cut the eating out and drinking to 1-2 days a week. I'm making sure I'm eating high protein meals and lots of fruit and I don't feel like I'm starving or anything. I've also never previously had stomach issues.

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Are you eating any new foods? Have you noticed any constipation? Sometimes when people cut calories, they end up eating more fiber and that can cause stomach upset.
  • Its_Haleeyyy
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Are you eating any new foods? Have you noticed any constipation? Sometimes when people cut calories, they end up eating more fiber and that can cause stomach upset.

Not really no, I've been eating more fiber but I'm not eating a super crazy amount, I'm usually still under my fiber goals most days.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I've experienced nausea and stomach pain from being really hungry before, so eating roughly half of what you're used to could be making you hungry with some uncomfortable side effects... Are you full or satisfied when you're finished eating, or are you still hungry after a meal and in between meals? I know you said you don't feel like you're starving, but are you still hungry? Are you drinking enough water? They may not be new foods, but are you eating more proteins and fruits than you used to?
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    You're under the care of a doctor, so you should probably mention this issue to him.

Dietary changes can also cause gall bladder issues to flare up.
  • Its_Haleeyyy
    edited November 2018
    Options

No, I'm not typically feeling hungry still after meals. On my days off work I could probably drink more water but usually when I'm working I'm drinking water throughout the day. I am also eating slightly more fruit and a lot more protein.
    I've experienced nausea and stomach pain from being really hungry before, so eating roughly half of what you're used to could be making you hungry with some uncomfortable side effects... Are you full or satisfied when you're finished eating, or are you still hungry after a meal and in between meals? I know you said you don't feel like you're starving, but are you still hungry? Are you drinking enough water? They may not be new foods, but are you eating more proteins and fruits than you used to?

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I second that it might be hunger pains. My husband didn't know what a "true" hunger pain was until earlier this year. Is your stomach growling? It's possible you have the physical signs of hunger without the mental signs.