Calorie intake

Options
Hello,

Will the amount of calories I can eat go down as I lose weight? It seems to be staying the same.
Thanks

Replies

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this question.

Can you ask it a different way? or provide some more details about what you are doing that allows you to reach this conclusion and arrive at the question?
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    If you're using the numbers mfp gave you then it should (though some folks have not had it happen) prompt you to recalculate every 10 lbs. If you're using your own customized goal, it won't. Either way, it's good to reassess every 10 lbs.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    recalculate your goal every 10 pounds or so and it will take some calories away. Ive been told if you just leave it it will do it itself every 10 pounds you lose but it never did for me.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    rit1982 wrote: »
    Hello,

Will the amount of calories I can eat go down as I lose weight? It seems to be staying the same.
    Thanks

I believe I've seen other posters mention that you have to go into your profile and ask MFP to re-run your stats every once and awhile to get it to update your calories. Hopefully someone will come by who can elaborate.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    If you've edited your calories or macro goals, rather than using the MFP defaults, it stops asking you to update your calories as you lose weight, at least in my experience.